Forum Changes Incoming.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Changes Incoming.

Front and center, Blitfans! Some important announcements to be made.

Mike has seen fit to grant power and authority to a megalomaniac in order to help us jolt the website and associated domains into some indistinct decade in the 20th century. It should have the effect of making the website easier for non-Mike employees (read: Me) to update with news and new goings on. It might even make ordering easier, who can say. The forums, ideally, will have a greater synergy with the website, and I think there are some things in the works that we've discussed that will make everyone really excited to use it.

But it will mean big changes to these forums. I think they're going to be good changes. We'll be collapsing each of our products into a single forum, as well as adding new ones for new projects, like the fabled Zoom engine. As we've mentioned in various times and places, Mike wants to put out more games, new games, more often. This might mean less love for Pocket Tanks after 2016, but I think we're very close to having Pocket Tanks be everything we want it to be anyway. (This doesn't mean no support, no new packs, or anything. Just that we want to have more titles, more different kinds of games, and a streamlined process for getting them to you.) But that means we'll have more products with their own forums. It should also keep things livelier.

On top of that, I'm planning to do an inactive member purge, and we'll probably be weeding out as much spam as possible. I'm thinking of discussing archiving of inactive threads as well.

As the changes roll out, let us know what you think and what you'd like to see.
    Quid custodit ipsos custodes
    -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Wielder of a +1 Vorpal Sword of Banning.

Re: Forum Changes Incoming.

Sounds great!
    What determines if someone is inactive?

Comment

but..but.. we need at least a pack a year for Pocket Tanks...please..

Comment

The Purge is complete. As in previous times, the criteria has been something along the lines of the following:

Less than 3 posts
        No log in for 4+ months
        Registered for 1+month

So to address other, off topic points, it doesn't touch members who have come and gone for whatever reason.

New features are still planned for Pocket Tanks, in fact. Most of the last year has been taken up with Mike's attempts to make tools for major engine changes, both for new games and for new functionality. BUT what that means is we want to try them out with new products before we try to use them in our flagship.
        -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Comment

Looking forward to what you have in store.

Comment

As am I. As am I

Comment

Forum tweaking is beginning in earnest, thanks to John. Expect threads to be shuffled around a bit as we try to consolidate, streamline, and find the most appropriate home for everything.
              Last edited by John; 01-11-2016, 09:39 PM. Reason: I officially changed my username.
              -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Comment

Forum changes are not quite done, but all basic functions are in place now. We've got the new theme, you guys are welcome to check out the new Chat addition, and there's the Events system that, to my knowledge, only John knows how to use right now. I'll probably play catch up over the next week!
                -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Comment

I tried to get here about a week ago and the site wouldn't load. I thought Blitwise had died. It's good to see that I was wrong.

Something I've noticed though is that everyone who isn't an admin, or a mod, is just a "NewBlitter". Did the counter for that reset, or were all the old labels removed with the update?
                  Last edited by Leaf_It; 01-25-2016, 12:19 AM.
                  sigpic•
                  "Never put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after" -Mark Twain

Comment

Thank you for mentioning the issue with the ranks.
                    Yeah, there's been major upgrades to everything we do that is social. In fact, there's talk of a major event in the works.

If you haven't already, please chat out BlitEvents and BlitChat.

Hope to see you around!
                    你好!

Comment

We'll probably have to go back in and redo the user ranks. I noticed it last week, but what with the forum upgrade trouble, haven't had a chance yet to address it.

By the way, Leaf, we've been trying to keep users updated on the forum status via FB and Twitter...kind of hard to do so via the forums when they're down.
                      -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Comment

Nice to see this place still up and running well. Lots of changes and new stuff I see. =)
                        Math Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
                        Reading Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
                        Computer Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Comment

Happy to here with this developing and well maintained forum.
                          Play as "tgh" Live as Todd

Comment

Working...
                          X