This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlitWise is Also on Twitter!

Greetings, fellow BlitWise fans! I'd like to take a moment to let you all know that BlitWise now has a Twitter account! It is pretty much what you'd expect, @BlitWise.

But what I'm really hoping you'll bookmark and check out regularly is HERE.

It's the BlitWiseGuys...because I think I'm funny! A BlitWise created list on Twitter that encompasses all the Twitter accounts I forced the other employees here to make in order to sate my mad lust for power.

@BlitWise will be the place for announcements, updates, official stuff. So by all means, follow and stay tuned. Down the road, there may be cake.

The BlitWiseGuys will operate like a slightly more interactive Blog section. I hope to drag a little bit of sharing out of the mass of tangled, introverted, anti-social brilliance that is this office. (Myself not excepted from the description!)

So we'll see how this hubristic experiment into that what should not be develops! I hope you'll join us for the carnage.
    Quid custodit ipsos custodes
    -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Wielder of a +1 Vorpal Sword of Banning.

Re: BlitWise is Also on Twitter!

well, good luck on this one. i will never use twitter, so...yeah.
    sigpic
    Up, Down, and All Around.

Comment

I hear that quite often
      Arthur: You know, it's at times like this, when I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space, that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young.
      Ford: Why, what did she tell you?
      Arthur: I don't know, I didn't listen.

Comment

I think it's a great way to find and network with people with like interests. For instance, I tweeted that I didn't enjoy the dark chocolate covered espresso beans, and lo and behold, some friendly people must have figured I have some sort of medical condition, because my inbox is full of offers of C73@P PH@RM@, and some sort pill to enhance potency which I assume is meant to keep me awake, since I don't like coffee. Thanks, Twitter!
        -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Comment

*mouth zipped shut smily*
          Arthur: You know, it's at times like this, when I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space, that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young.
          Ford: Why, what did she tell you?
          Arthur: I don't know, I didn't listen.

Comment

Two twitter accounts interesting, good move, i'm following. I wonder what's next, Linkedin, PInterest?
            One person with a belief is equal to a force of ninety-nine who have only interests - Peter Marshall

Comment

What's next for me, in the near future, is YouTube. You've probably noticed the weapons videos...those will keep coming out daily, using Twitter and Facebook to draw some attention (such as it is) to them, until the release.

I've been experimenting with various methods of game vid capture, and branching out with the interviews as well. Currently, my feeling is the weakest link is sound, so that's something we're working on.

As far as social media, I'd mostly like to grow what we've started for the moment. I don't want to keep branching out to new networks, with an anemic return on the existing ones. However, I'm hoping that if we include our FB and Twitter in the newsletter that goes out accompanying the release, we might see some increase. If even a tenth of a percent decide to like/follow us, we could increase our reach tenfold. But, since we're just brainstorming here:

Linkedin has been been discussed and debated here in house. I'm not sure, is the most honest answer I can give there.

Pinterest would be interesting, but honestly, I'm having enough trouble getting these guys on board with Twitter (Nate still doesn't have an account). Unless Pinterest is going to be solely MY representation of BlitWise as opposed to a team effort...baby steps.

I'm interested in a few other things as well. It's a shame Google +, for instance, is so seldom used, because I've been interested in what I read about it.

So to reiterate, I'm busy honing my video skills, and then I want to reinforce and build on what we have. I think Facebook/Twitter/YouTube sync well together, and I'd like to create a bit of a feedback loop between the three before branching out further.
              -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Comment

Yes, i saw those promo videos, too good. Don't forgot to add Pocket Tanks along with Blitwise as keywords in the file name, title, description, tags etc in videos, contents, blogs etc wherever you can add because more than 85% are searching for Pocket Tanks than Blitwise.

About the fan base, including FB and Twitter information in newsletter is very good move. Try to add social media buttons in the Blitwise website in the product page, hoping someone will share. I recently stumbledupon a site similar to Blitwise site they have free download, free trial versions of softwares and close to those free download links they kept two buttons "Pay with a tweet" "Pay with a like/post" along with a small quote which says, "the least you can do for downloading the free version is pay with a tweet/post either by sharing through twitter or facebook". Cool way to increase fans and reach out others without stress. So, these are couple of ways which i'm going to vouch for my friends, relatives who all have website but dont have fans.

Google+ (monopoly of future search results) is seldom used, majority of the users are business owners. Similar to Facebook page they have Google+ page, but the advantages are many like if you have shared similiar topics in Facebook, Twitter and Google+, Google+ results will be shown as top result. Through Facebook you can interact with your fans only when they have written/commented/liked on your wall. If i'm not wrong you can’t comment (or even view) public posts on fans personal profiles and interact with them through fan page. But with Google+ pages, you are able to interact with your Google+ fans personal profile. Your followers will even see notifications of your page’s interaction with other fans. Again "fans" should be the cornerstone of success here.

Pinterest is trending where images/photos goes viral. Since Blitwise already have images like crazy screenshots, weapons suggestion images etc, it's easy to virtually pinboard, but again "fans" come into play here.

Nevertheless, stick to your strategy of Facebook/Twitter/YouTube and increase fans, then branch out to other platforms.
                One person with a belief is equal to a force of ninety-nine who have only interests - Peter Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                  I think Facebook/Twitter/YouTube sync well together, and I'd like to create a bit of a feedback loop between the three before branching out further.
                  Good idea, I think it will work well. I also cannot wait to see this newsletter that has been talked about a bit, I think it'll bring a lot of old fans back to have a look at the forums and get involved on the social media.

Also Brian, as PR have you been looking at getting interview with news/gaming-news websites? I can see the BlitWise upscale as an interesting read.
                  sigpic

Comment

Flank, it's in the back of my mind, but I'll be frank: I don't have any idea how to accomplish it yet. Mike's been quite busy, so I haven't wanted to take time away from his full schedule to figure out how the whole circle of gaming life works in that fashion.

Also, let me point out to all of you like ekoz:

You don't have to BE on Twitter to bookmark our List. We talk about some pretty interesting things (to us) there, occasionally complain at each other, etc. It's a look at the people who work at BlitWise...what we like, what we're doing, etc. We're getting better at it as we use it more.

Am I saying I don't want you to follow me? Of course not. FOLLOW ME! I feed off your validation! But realistically, it's part of our way of reaching out to our community of fans, and even if you don't Tweet, if you're interested in the people behind the game you love, then check it out.
                    -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Comment

/off to create a twitter account...
                      Among other reasons to start twitter profile this is biggest constituting of about 99.9999999....%

Comment

This is a wonderful post. I will share it to everynone

Comment

My twitter Is omarogi35 like here.

Comment

plumbing repair

Comment

Working...
                            X