This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian
    started a topic BlitWise is now on Facebook!

BlitWise is now on Facebook!

Good morning, BlitWise fans!

Today is an auspicious day, my good and dear friends. For today BlitWise has rushed, headlong and carefree, into the wild and unrestrained world of social media. You've been on Facebook for years, but until now, there has been a small, almost imperceptible hole in your face-booking experience. Some tiny voice inside you that whispered "If only BlitWise was here with me." Meanwhile, we've been sitting on our sagging porch, rusted shotgun across our laps, mumbling incoherently about "Them MeSpaces and FacePages and LiveDiaries and WILL YOU DAGBLASTED KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!!!"

But that's a tale for my therapist, not you, dear readers. At least until the appointed day of cleansing. Where was I? FACEBOOK! Glorious Facebook! We're on it, you know. I think I mentioned. We'd really enjoy it if you liked us there. Not like like, but you know...like. Click the button, give us the thumbs up, validate our endeavors with your approval. It's not like we ask for much. But you never even call anymore...not even on our birthdays. And try not to slouch so much in your chairs, dear readers. Your mother and I have been worried about this for some time, but haven't...

Please stand by. Brian is experiencing technical difficulties.

I see, so two of the blue capsules, and one of the white...that makes much more sense.

The gist of my whole nub here is that you can find our Facebook page on www.facebook.com/BlitWise

Feel free to check it out. There are already a few pictures of very minor interest there, and we'll keep it updated with new stuff as new stuff becomes available. This is just the next step in an exciting adventure for all of us. Like early, like often!

• VoLAN
    replied
    Re: BlitWise is now on Facebook!

Brian, i think BlitWise Facebook page should have game screenshots of PT and DX. Create new photo album with it

Leave a comment:

• NonnagLava
    replied

23rd! But I'm a bit late

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    replied

Well, it's not outside the realm of possibility to do product pages as well.
    It might, in fact, be a good idea. I'll look into it, once I've got...other things up and running.

Leave a comment:

• Everlast
    replied

Cool!.............................Even though I would never get a FB account.

Leave a comment:

• Samail
    replied

Originally posted by gauthamvit2003 View Post
    ekoz, the problem is everyone thinks from different perspective. I'll explain you with an example. Let's take "Avatar" film as an example, they have the big splash screen of distributor as 20th Century Fox, but what everyone remembers and search for or speaks about is the film name "Avatar" and not the 20th Century Fox. I hope you got it.
    That comparison doesn't work. No one searches for 20th Century Fox because they're not the ones who made the movie; that screen has a completely different meaning and serves a different purpose.
    To the point, there's no way you can sit through the 20-second splash screen that explicitly says ​"A BlitWise Productions game" and not realize that BlitWise is the name behind the game. If someone pulls that off, give them a medal...
    Last edited by Samail; 05-15-2012, 11:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Austin
    replied

Originally posted by gauthamvit2003 View Post
    This weekend i was filtering my friends list who are actively playing Pocket Tanks, found few and in those few, only two/three are active in FB, so i send them a message that an official Blitwise Fan Page is up/running do Like/Share it with your friends. To my surprise, they are familiar with the word Pocket Tanks and not Blitwise. As an example to make it more clear, "Everyone is searching for Google than the word Search Engine".

Now i know why official Pocket Tanks fan page "Blitwise" is not getting their fair share of fans. I even doubt how many of those fans who liked fake Pocket Tanks fan page are aware of that Blitwise and their team is the brain behind the game Pocket Tanks. Implications are interesting. The bottomline is i guided few of my friends to give credit where it's due, coming days i've to reach out others who are not aware of "Blitwise". I don't know what kind of promotion plan Brian has in his mind, but till then i think forum members can play a small role in promoting.
    That is an interesting point. I am not sure what to do about it though:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pocket...12715292076112

(aside from what you are already doing, which is wonderful).

Leave a comment:

• ekoz
    replied

that was more of a joking question but ok, i got it

Leave a comment:

• gauthamvit2003
    replied

ekoz, the problem is everyone thinks from different perspective. I'll explain you with an example. Let's take "Avatar" film as an example, they have the big splash screen of distributor as 20th Century Fox, but what everyone remembers and search for or speaks about is the film name "Avatar" and not the 20th Century Fox. I hope you got it.

Leave a comment:

• ekoz
    replied

how do they not know when blitwise is when the game has "BLITWISE" as it's splash screen ?_?

Leave a comment:

• gauthamvit2003
    replied

This weekend i was filtering my friends list who are actively playing Pocket Tanks, found few and in those few, only two/three are active in FB, so i send them a message that an official Blitwise Fan Page is up/running do Like/Share it with your friends. To my surprise, they are familiar with the word Pocket Tanks and not Blitwise. As an example to make it more clear, "Everyone is searching for Google than the word Search Engine".

Now i know why official Pocket Tanks fan page "Blitwise" is not getting their fair share of fans. I even doubt how many of those fans who liked fake Pocket Tanks fan page are aware of that Blitwise and their team is the brain behind the game Pocket Tanks. Implications are interesting. The bottomline is i guided few of my friends to give credit where it's due, coming days i've to reach out others who are not aware of "Blitwise". I don't know what kind of promotion plan Brian has in his mind, but till then i think forum members can play a small role in promoting.
    Last edited by gauthamvit2003; 05-15-2012, 06:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• biggman15
    replied

Originally posted by ekoz View Post
    eh he he, what if biggman was the first to get to the facebook page, too? that would be...yeah.

anyway...4th, apparently
    Seems I didn't make it!

Leave a comment:

• Rex Nex
    replied

"this game has a ginger forum admin. therefor, you must come" has been my advertising tactic thus far.

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    replied

Six days? The page has been there in various states for a while, but it's only been up since Wednesday. There are promotion plans in the works, but my time is limited. So far from discouraging you, let me emphasize that the enthusiasm of our fans and their efforts has always been our number one method of getting the word out! Go forth and optimize!

Leave a comment:

• gauthamvit2003
    replied

It's been six days and only 15 likes for the official Blitwise Fan page whereas those fake Pocket Tank pages has more than 6500+ fans. Hmmmm, time to promote, this weekend i'm going to be busy on Social Media sites to promote Blitwise.
    Last edited by gauthamvit2003; 05-11-2012, 04:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X