• Show
Clear All

Re: BlitWise is now on Facebook!

looking forward to make new frnds...
    facebook dot com /dvaibhavd
    type it properly n find me...

Comment

Blitwise Facebook page should have a group "Members of the Forum" so that we can find each of us! I just created for this page in facebook. Yesterday i found flankattack )))
      VETERANS UNITED MEMBER!!! Excuse me for my English, I'm from Russia. Playing PT since 2001!

Comment

I don't see why not, I've never been overly anonymous on the forums anyway. facebook [dot] com/flankattack to add me. If you don't have a reference on your about page (or in the url) then just send me a message with your forum username.

Originally posted by VoLAN View Post
        Yesterday i found flankattack
        Haha, I was like 'hmm, a guy with a Russian name. Oh look, it's VoLAN.'
        sigpic

Comment

It's been six days and only 15 likes for the official Blitwise Fan page whereas those fake Pocket Tank pages has more than 6500+ fans. Hmmmm, time to promote, this weekend i'm going to be busy on Social Media sites to promote Blitwise.
          Last edited by gauthamvit2003; 05-11-2012, 04:43 PM.
          One person with a belief is equal to a force of ninety-nine who have only interests - Peter Marshall

Comment

Six days? The page has been there in various states for a while, but it's only been up since Wednesday. There are promotion plans in the works, but my time is limited. So far from discouraging you, let me emphasize that the enthusiasm of our fans and their efforts has always been our number one method of getting the word out! Go forth and optimize!
            Quid custodit ipsos custodes
            -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Wielder of a +1 Vorpal Sword of Banning.

Comment

"this game has a ginger forum admin. therefor, you must come" has been my advertising tactic thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by ekoz View Post
                eh he he, what if biggman was the first to get to the facebook page, too? that would be...yeah.

anyway...4th, apparently
                Seems I didn't make it!
                "The Spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised."
                -- Zapp Brannigan, Captain

Comment

This weekend i was filtering my friends list who are actively playing Pocket Tanks, found few and in those few, only two/three are active in FB, so i send them a message that an official Blitwise Fan Page is up/running do Like/Share it with your friends. To my surprise, they are familiar with the word Pocket Tanks and not Blitwise. As an example to make it more clear, "Everyone is searching for Google than the word Search Engine".

Now i know why official Pocket Tanks fan page "Blitwise" is not getting their fair share of fans. I even doubt how many of those fans who liked fake Pocket Tanks fan page are aware of that Blitwise and their team is the brain behind the game Pocket Tanks. Implications are interesting. The bottomline is i guided few of my friends to give credit where it's due, coming days i've to reach out others who are not aware of "Blitwise". I don't know what kind of promotion plan Brian has in his mind, but till then i think forum members can play a small role in promoting.
                  Last edited by gauthamvit2003; 05-15-2012, 06:49 PM.
                  One person with a belief is equal to a force of ninety-nine who have only interests - Peter Marshall

Comment

how do they not know when blitwise is when the game has "BLITWISE" as it's splash screen ?_?
                    sigpic
                    Up, Down, and All Around.

Comment

ekoz, the problem is everyone thinks from different perspective. I'll explain you with an example. Let's take "Avatar" film as an example, they have the big splash screen of distributor as 20th Century Fox, but what everyone remembers and search for or speaks about is the film name "Avatar" and not the 20th Century Fox. I hope you got it.

Comment

that was more of a joking question but ok, i got it
                        sigpic
                        Up, Down, and All Around.

Comment

Originally posted by gauthamvit2003 View Post
                          This weekend i was filtering my friends list who are actively playing Pocket Tanks, found few and in those few, only two/three are active in FB, so i send them a message that an official Blitwise Fan Page is up/running do Like/Share it with your friends. To my surprise, they are familiar with the word Pocket Tanks and not Blitwise. As an example to make it more clear, "Everyone is searching for Google than the word Search Engine".

Now i know why official Pocket Tanks fan page "Blitwise" is not getting their fair share of fans. I even doubt how many of those fans who liked fake Pocket Tanks fan page are aware of that Blitwise and their team is the brain behind the game Pocket Tanks. Implications are interesting. The bottomline is i guided few of my friends to give credit where it's due, coming days i've to reach out others who are not aware of "Blitwise". I don't know what kind of promotion plan Brian has in his mind, but till then i think forum members can play a small role in promoting.
                          That is an interesting point. I am not sure what to do about it though:
                          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pocket...12715292076112

(aside from what you are already doing, which is wonderful).
                          Arthur: You know, it's at times like this, when I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space, that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young.
                          Ford: Why, what did she tell you?
                          Arthur: I don't know, I didn't listen.

Comment

Originally posted by gauthamvit2003 View Post
                            ekoz, the problem is everyone thinks from different perspective. I'll explain you with an example. Let's take "Avatar" film as an example, they have the big splash screen of distributor as 20th Century Fox, but what everyone remembers and search for or speaks about is the film name "Avatar" and not the 20th Century Fox. I hope you got it.
                            That comparison doesn't work. No one searches for 20th Century Fox because they're not the ones who made the movie; that screen has a completely different meaning and serves a different purpose.
                            To the point, there's no way you can sit through the 20-second splash screen that explicitly says ​"A BlitWise Productions game" and not realize that BlitWise is the name behind the game. If someone pulls that off, give them a medal...
                            Last edited by Samail; 05-15-2012, 11:14 PM.
                            I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
                            > sigpic >
                            ~Get your disputes solved by a real rules lawyer. Ask the red mage.

LOLWUT, YOUR OUT OF SYNC. GG ~Rex Nex

Comment

Cool!.............................Even though I would never get a FB account.
                              Math Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
                              Reading Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
                              Computer Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Comment

Well, it's not outside the realm of possibility to do product pages as well.
                                It might, in fact, be a good idea. I'll look into it, once I've got...other things up and running.
                                Quid custodit ipsos custodes
                                -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Wielder of a +1 Vorpal Sword of Banning.

Comment

Working...
                                X