Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin 3.8.5

Hi everyone,

I've upgraded the forums to vBulletin 3.8.5. As far as I can see, everything went smoothly. If you see any issues, please post them here!

Also, vBulletin 3.8 has a new tagging system for threads. Do you think I should leave it enabled?

Thanks,
    -Ben
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
    -- Aristotle

Thanks ben, a lot. Everything seemed to have gone smoothly, but Ill tinker around a bit and tell you if I notice anything. Again, thanks.

Comment

Noticed way before you posted it

also, do you think you can revert the reputation display back to numbers instead of cells?
      sigpic
      Up, Down, and All Around.

Comment

I miss Blitwise Default. Not as much as I would like to see a dark forum skin though, I would praise you even if you uploaded a preset one. And as for the rep, numbers would be nice, if possible.

As for the tags, keep them, they seem fine.

Comment

BlitWise Default is still there as an option. I've temporarily switched the default to Serenity, as I'm a bit more sure about its reliability at the moment, sorry about the confusion.

EDIT: I'll get on the reputation display, thanks.
          -- Aristotle

Comment

Like finally! Some people in another thread were wanting this upgrade for some time now.

Edit:
            Check out your profiles guys! Awesome!
            Last edited by wildgoosespeeder; 05-17-2010, 08:27 PM.
            We are Veterans United!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ben View Post
              BlitWise Default is still there as an option. I've temporarily switched the default to Serenity, as I'm a bit more sure about its reliability at the moment, sorry about the confusion.

EDIT: I'll get on the reputation display, thanks.
              Serenity is actually very good looking, but I dont think Blit Default is up there. You have VBDefault (Blue, vbulletin logo in top), serenity (Blue, blit logo, more fluid {obviously}) but not Blitwise Default (Grey)

Not that it matters much. Its kind of trivial when you look at how well you've made the site look in a few hours

Comment

Does BlitWise Default show up now?

I've fixed the reputation display.
                -- Aristotle

Comment

Where's the old 8-bit look I can't remember the name of? I don't use it but it has been always there...
                  We are Veterans United!

sigpic

Comment

Sadly, the Commodore 64 theme had some... difficulties upgrading to the new version. I'll look into upgrading it, but I'm terrible at PHP and it would take a while.

I don't think many people used it either way. It was cool, but not the most functional theme.
                    -- Aristotle

Comment

The commodore 64 version had some difficulties, even with the old version. If you really want to try and edit the coding to work with the new engine, you can. If I had any PHP program (Other then notepad) on the computer, I'd offer my help, but right now, I don't.

Blitwise style works now. Thanks.

Comment

Awesome!
                        Hopefully this will end the seemingly endless attacks of the spambots.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hmmm... What do you think about BlitWise globe? It looked better?
                          ...Shining in Glory for all Men to see...
                          (English) (English)
                          Comrade! USSR Songs . USSR Pictures !
                          sigpic

Comment

Fixed that. I must have missed the vBulletin Default Style when restoring the BlitWise logos.
                            -- Aristotle

Comment

Ah I thought my internet settings were messed up for a minute. The Blitwise default looks so much better.
                              Math Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
                              Reading Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
                              Computer Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Comment

Working...
                              X