This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlitWise Community Survey

Hello all. We have a few quick questions we'd like your input on regarding how you engage with BlitWise, the community, and how you'd like to.

Click below to make your opinion heard.
    As we prepare to release new games and delve into new genres, we want to make sure our fans are as engaged and excited as we are. We have some quick questions about your preferred media and what you’d like to see done.
    Quid custodit ipsos custodes
    -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Wielder of a +1 Vorpal Sword of Banning.

Here's the thing... I can't complete surveys like this... Your requiring answers to questions I care nothing about... So I simply close the page and move on...

"What type of event interests you the most to be organized through our Steam Group? *"
    I don't use steam groups. I will not.
    "The Spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised."
    -- Zapp Brannigan, Captain

Comment

Hey Big, that's fine. More than fine in fact. Though I'd suggest that you consider answering for exactly that reason...because you don't care, and we care that you don't care.

Let me take a step back. We're old fogeys. Maybe not...chronologically, but in our hearts, we all have rocking chairs and porches, rusty shotguns, lawns, and those dang kids who need to get off 'em.

Well, except for John.

Back when Pocket Tanks came out, there weren't none of these Facebooks or Twitterz, not even a MySpace despoiling the pure, overgrown vistas of said lawns. Heck, most people didn't even know what Facebook was when this forum went live a decade back. Add to that the fact that BlitWise games pine for an aesthetic and simplicity of gameplay better associated with the 80's and 90's than the newfangled Aughts, and you've got an attitude very similar to yours.

Further, the survey so far has assured us that a good half of the (small sample size self selected) respondants just want us to shut up and make more weapons and/or games, but let's not kid ourselves, weapons.

But the rest actually seem keen for some other community engagement. It's like they're not all harried introverts with too many kids and too few hours in the day! And we'd like to do a little something for them too. So while Mike is banging away at his latest project, John and I are discussing what to do next to help people engage the way they want to. Don't think of it as taking time away from the stuff you want. Think of it as us desperately justifying our paychecks.

And to anyone else tempted to just X out and grumble about them dang kids, please take two minutes to let us know how you feel instead. Your grouchy opinions are valid and wanted. Your prognosticating about the weather based on your trick knee going all out of gumption are too.

-Juventus

My Administrative motto

Comment

I don't think your getting my complaint... Your survey doesn't give me any other option. I have 3 choices... 1 of which is mandatory, and none of which match what I would like to say...

What type of event interests you the most to be organized through our Steam Group? *

Binge-Gaming nights

Tournaments for Steam games

Random callouts to online users asking to join up in a game lobby, or something similar to this

There isn't a I'm not interested option. There isn't a what are you interested that we didn't think of option. I'm stuck with those 3... Which is why were here right now. I can't answer with just those three. Your survey isn't flexible enough.
        "The Spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised."
        -- Zapp Brannigan, Captain

Comment

Good point there. I thought that was one of the non-required questions. Pretty much all the others give some sort of "Nope" options.
          -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Comment

Working...
          X