• Show
Clear All

• Scorched Tanks Design Podcast #1

Click image for larger version

Name:	BlitCast.png
Views:	1
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	164089

The staff has had at least three other meetings, and we've brainstormed extensively. Then Garrett and I, the towering colossi of creativity that we are, sat down and talked for over 3 hours, designing almost every facet of the game in abstract. This is just one small snippet of that meeting.

STDesign Podcast 1.mp3
    Last edited by Brian; 01-11-2013, 05:51 PM.
    Quid custodit ipsos custodes
    -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Wielder of a +1 Vorpal Sword of Banning.

Re: Scorched Tanks Design Podcast #1

Do you want to create new weapons for Scorched Tanks or porting weapons from Pocket Tanks? Its hard to create something new if you already created tons of weapons
    VETERANS UNITED MEMBER!!! Excuse me for my English, I'm from Russia. Playing PT since 2001!

Comment

A little of both, Volan. Originally, many of the weapons that are in Pocket Tanks were in Scorched Tanks. But I'm sure we'll be using lots of PT weapon ideas for weapons and utilities in ST...

But better. It's always struck me, personally, as silly that you can shoot napalm on a Glacier...and the ice doesn't melt. But with more dynamic terrain types, we can totally do that.
      -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Comment

Will the Scorched Tanks be much better than Pocket Tanks?
        Flak Vs. Flak, who will win?
        Not the tanks, the defenses.The blue Flak has a Lava Cannon and the red Flak has an Earth Mover. Who do you think will destroy the Flak(the defensive one) first?

sigpic

Comment

Strange question. Pocket Tanks is the best mini game for me! Scorched Tanks may reach some level, but no higher)) I think it was "PT with multiplayer, weapons, that you will buy in the shop and 3d graphics"
          VETERANS UNITED MEMBER!!! Excuse me for my English, I'm from Russia. Playing PT since 2001!

Comment

Scorched Tanks will be different from Pocket Tanks. It will be much more complex, with a lot of features that some people have wanted in Pocket Tanks which would have turned it into a different game. Pocket Tanks will be better for a quick fix against a friend, while ST will take a bit longer to set up, with more strategy and micro-managing control, as well as various different types of play.

So, in a nutshell, ST will be BIGGER than PT, but that doesn't mean it's better for everyone.
            -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Comment

Good answer, Brian. Also Needed good physics in ST.
              Weapons will be in weapon packs like PT ?
              Is there some types of tanks or its only one type?
              Last edited by VoLAN; 01-13-2013, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Well it's neat to take all these years of pondering the new Scorched Tanks and start to knit everything together.

primark catalogue, products and much more
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elance
                http://www.facebook.com/Elance
                Last edited by Aldan55; 11-14-2014, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Brian,

Just wondering where you guys were at with Scorched Tanks?? Been waiting for this since you announced it back in 1999 for PC........

Comment

Well, the Scorched Tanks that was announced back then ultimately became Pocket Tanks.

The full on sequel that Mike wanted to do and that we were talking about here is currently on hold while we finish Pocket Tanks online update. Obviously we want Scorched Tanks to be fully online playable. So we wanted to make sure we were able to get it right by incorporating it into Pocket Tanks first, so we would know what problems we would run into and (hopefully) avoid them from the start with ST.
                    -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Comment

Excellent posts to read it up and keep going on this way.

Comment

Working...
                      X