Super DX Ball Planned Update!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super DX Ball Planned Update!

Hello again, boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen, simians of all ages...
    I just got word from Mike W., the big man himself, that there's a planned release of an update to Super DX Ball around the end of October. It's tentative, and still in the works, so the release may sway back and forth as circumstances require. However, as it is still a squishy ball of update clay, this gives you, the fans, a unique opportunity to suggest things you would like to see come out in it.

So far, Mike has two ideas for what he would like to put in it. A board shuffle option, and a continue option. Feel free to discuss and ask questions about either of these.

The real fun here, however, is this: What do you want to see? Please submit any suggestions, wishes, dreams, etc, for what you'd like to find in the next Super DX Ball Deluxe update.
    Quid custodit ipsos custodes
    -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Wielder of a +1 Vorpal Sword of Banning.

Sweet!

More great news from Mike W., Brian and Blitwise!

Oh, and I'll be thinking about the suggestions thing.

I'm sure that some of us here on the forums will have some...

Comment

I can't explain this reasoning, but I smell another ASCII challenge...

Comment

Originally posted by PhantasyStarHero View Post
        I can't explain this reasoning, but I smell another ASCII challenge...
        What would be the challenge with a new ASCII? :/

Comment

deciphering it.

Comment

I've posted this before, but I would really like to see some new power-ups.(By the way, this was my first day of school and I AM TIRED!!!...*yawn*)
            Last edited by Zwaken; 05-20-2007, 03:37 PM.
            Zwaken's Signature. Enjoy.

Comment

Make a Pong board.
              How about a giant DX-Ball board.
              A board with a bunch of cd's.
              A "back to school" board

Comment

The Super DX-Ball Deluxe update is excatly that, an update. Mike isn't (as far as I know) releasing a board pack. The call was for update suggestions. Things that are actual updates to the game itself.
                Last edited by Was It Me?; 09-05-2006, 10:32 PM. Reason: Clarity

Comment

That is correct. There isn't a board expansion pack in the works yet. We're just going to be working on the mechanics of the game. So, for instance, I believe that new power ups would be something we could work in, but board ideas should wait until the next pack. Of course, you can submit your ideas any time you want in the Super DX Ball Fan Submission forum.
                  Quid custodit ipsos custodes
                  -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Wielder of a +1 Vorpal Sword of Banning.

Comment

I'd like to see that when you get the "firing paddle" power up but you already have it, instead of doing nothing, it becomes rapid fire or autofire (you know, where you just hold down the mouse button to fire).
                    Last edited by Was It Me?; 09-06-2006, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Phantasystar: I'd be so happy for more ASCII's, however - i made the mistake of sharing with people the discovery i made. It was not hard to decypher the ASCII (once i knew that the secret was an ASCII encrpytion), The real difficulty was realizing in the first place that the secret message was not in plain text or an image...it was indeed binary code.

So - it would be almost too simple for everyone to go and decode new ASCII's now that i have paved the way...

Comment

Continue option! Continue option! Continue option!

Comment

Pocket Tanks Rocks!

I sort of like pocket Tanks better, but DX-Ball is good too.

Comment

Originally posted by DadTimesTwo View Post
                            Continue option! Continue option! Continue option!
                            Good idea, but it should wipe out your points.
                            Zwaken's Signature. Enjoy.

Comment

I only have the Super DX-Ball demo as of this post. I'm waiting for my payment to go through so I can download the deluxe version. So please forgive me if what I am suggesting is in the deluxe version.

1. I'd like to see other levels of difficulty besides kid mode and normal. Maybe add intermediate and difficult to it so that you can challenge yourself even more. My thought is that in intermediate and difficult levels you would get less power ups and/or more power downs, and that the power ups that you get may be of less use to you, such as getting the expand exploding and explode bricks power ups on boards where there are no exploding bricks.

2. In DX-Ball 2, the shrink paddle power down/up (whichever way you want to look at it) has red arrows on a silver background, whereas in DX-Ball and Super DX-Ball it has blue arrows on a silver background, which makes it a lot harder to tell it apart from the expand paddle power up. I know that I just said that I'd like a feature added to make the game more challenging, but this is a bit different to me anyway. If your eyes blur up or start to play tricks on you from being at the computer too long, or if you are dyslexic, or something like that, it can make it really hard to tell the difference between shrink and expand when you have to make a split second decision. My point is that I'd like to see the shrink paddle in Super DX-Ball changed from blue arrows on a silver background to red arrows on a silver background.

Comment

Working...
                              X