This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Created Boards

Alright, people, time to show us what you've got! Mike has been working on this for quite some time, because he has, in the past, received many questions about when and how fans can create and submit board ideas beyond the merely general theme suggestions. Below you'll find links to graphs you can access and print, letting you design your own board ideas in a manner similar to the way Mike does his. I'm sure results will be a bit...sketchy at first (pun intended), but we have every confidence in the brilliance and creativity of our fans.

Here's an example from Mike.

A template to get you started.

Smaller boxes for greater detail.

So get started! We look forward to seeing some of your ideas!
    Quid custodit ipsos custodes
    -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Wielder of a +1 Vorpal Sword of Banning.

Aliright, I'll try to make an interesting one!

Argh! I'm having a hard time with doing this! I may not be able to make one at this rate!
    Last edited by Zwaken; 09-11-2006, 06:04 PM.
    Zwaken's Signature. Enjoy.

Comment

Wow...giving up after only...7 minutes?
      Quid custodit ipsos custodes
      -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Wielder of a +1 Vorpal Sword of Banning.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
        Hehe, well noticed.

Comment

Yay, first image on this topic.

Board name: Red vs Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
            Well...1rst of all, I don't have paint (something that i'm used to) so I down loaded Gimp 2.0. I don't know how to use it though. 2nd of all, My drawing skills aren't that good. Last but not least, I can't think of any good ideas for a board. Sorry I can't give any ideas, but ideas that don't involve drawing I'll be glad to help with!

Comment

You can print the template out and just color it with colored pencils. It's easy!

Then, you just scan it in...
              Last edited by Was It Me?; 09-12-2006, 12:53 AM.

Comment

It's actually tougher than it looks. My picture (three posts up) almost took two hours to make.

Comment

Hmmm. I made one in 15 minutes...

Comment

Originally posted by Was It Me? View Post
                    You can print the template out and just color it with colored pencils. It's easy!

Then, you just scan it in...
                    That would be easier...Thank you, Was It Me?!

Comment

hmmm, maybe it's cause mine was "graphically improved" that it took longer.

Comment

PhantasyStarHero do you use Photoshop to make those pics? Because all I have is Paint and it sucks. But I do have a scanner!
                        Math Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
                        Reading Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
                        Computer Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Comment

Originally posted by Was It Me? View Post
                          Hmmm. I made one in 15 minutes...
                          Where is it? Did you post it? *looks for the post* nope. Please post it, I want to see it.

Comment

I don't have pictures, but I do have three ideas for board packs:

1. Classic Video Games: I got this idea from the Tetris and Blinky boards in DX-Ball and the fact that this whole game is based on the Breakout concept. It would be really cool to have an entire board pack like this--Dig Dig, Donkey Kong, Tempest, Centipede, Frogger, Space Invaders, etc.

2. Sports Logos: Football helmets, hockey shirts, basketball shirts, and baseball caps or shirts all in the right colors for each team and with the team's logo on it. There could probably be a separate board pack for each sport, and it would probably be easier to stick with pro teams because there are way less of them than there are college teams, unless you really want to go all out.

3. Flags of the World: This idea also came from DX-Ball--the American flag board. The title should be self-explanatory.

The only bad part about the first two is that you may need to get permission to use the video games and sports logos because they are most likely copyrighted.

Comment

Originally posted by Zwaken123 View Post
                              Where is it? Did you post it? *looks for the post* nope. Please post it, I want to see it.
                              It's not that great. It's a great concept, but it's only version 1.0.

I'll post it after I scan it in later today.

Comment

Working...
                              X