Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tournament for Pocket Tanks champion once netplay is released?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tournament for Pocket Tanks champion once netplay is released?

what do you guys think about having a tournament for the PT championship when netplay is released? I think it would be a good idea but we'd have to get rid of some weapons that are unfairly powerful or random or too easy to get a hit with.

As long as everlast doesnt use his chart. (He made a chart to figure out how to hit the enemy perfectly every time.)

Comment

This would be really cool.
      Zwaken's Signature. Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Nex View Post
        As long as everlast doesnt use his chart. (He made a chart to figure out how to hit the enemy perfectly every time.)
        I won't use it. Again, if someone does use it, you can always tell because there power will be really high. 90-100 And the angle will be in the 70's
        Math Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
        Reading Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
        Computer Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Comment

I think we could set that up once it comes out. But, Yamaraja should get to make/host the thing. I'd be in.
          Tricky Revolutionary War

Comment

we should figure out what weapons not to allow now so it doesn't have to be done later. I think the mass driver and golden bullet should be left out since they are random and take no skill to use. the homing missile and worm don't do much damage so they shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Why remove any weapons? Fewer weapons = less fun. Half of the weapons are hard to miss with. Anything with a large explosion, or something that homes in in any way, or something that splits apart and spreads out requires less skill than say a Single Shot or Sniper Rifle.
              I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
              > sigpic >
              ~Get your disputes solved by a real rules lawyer. Ask the red mage.

LOLWUT, YOUR OUT OF SYNC. GG ~Rex Nex

Comment

But what weapons are we gana use? Not many people have every pack, and I am sure Brian wont make us get them all just to play with freinds.

Comment

I only think the really unfair or random weapons should be taken out. using the mass driver is like flipping a coin. it is a kick *** weapon though.

But what weapons are we gana use? Not many people have every pack, and I am sure Brian wont make us get them all just to play with freinds.
                  that's something the developers gotta figure out I guess. the only thing I can think of is both players will be able to use whatever expansion packs they both have, even if only one player has it. like if one player has the flamethrower pack, it works for both in a netplay game. nothing else'd really work.

Comment

Yeah. In Rival Ball if someone else is playing with a pack that you don't have, you can't play them. That would get annoying in the case of Pocket Tanks.
                    I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
                    > sigpic >
                    ~Get your disputes solved by a real rules lawyer. Ask the red mage.

LOLWUT, YOUR OUT OF SYNC. GG ~Rex Nex

Comment

No, because why should somebody with the free version of PTanks get to lay with every weapon online? I think only the weapons both have should be allowed.
                      But, whats wrong with a weapon that works randomly? I know that no skill is involved in using it, but when to use it is the hard part. Some one inexperienced would use Mass Driver last, and I use it first. I think no weapons shpuld be taken out, as long as both players have them.
                      Tricky Revolutionary War

Comment

netplay should only be for people who bought PT Deluxe at least. besides if you did it that way then people might send each other free copies of the weapon packs. and you'd be ripping off the people who bought the packs.

Comment

Yeah, I think network play should only use the demo, deluxe, and free packs.

Comment

But the problem is would be that there would be two types of pedestals, the pedestals and the pedistals. Also, netplay couldn't do that. Not that it shouldn't do that, it couldn't. Pocket tanks derives each weapon's effect from the weapdata files. If the computer doesn't have that, it doesn't know what it does. It would be a mystery shot. One side would get the weapon when the other gets an error screen for an unknown whatever it is.
                            Tricky Revolutionary War

Comment

They spelled pedistal wrong?
                              Math Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
                              Reading Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
                              Computer Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Comment

Working...
                              X