Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pocket Tanks Tips - Need Help to Create App! (sample apk included)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocket Tanks Tips - Need Help to Create App! (sample apk included)

UPDATE:
    In case someone stumbles upon this thread, This app is published now on Play Store -
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ockettankstips
    Try it out if you have android device. we have built a small community over there. You can chat live with opponents too.
    In case You want to help us out just PM me, we still need any help we can get.

ORIGINAL POST

VoLAN and I were talking about creating an Android Application which would have all the info about all the weapons Pocket tanks has..
    To create it we learned coding. I had ZERO knowledge of coding of any type. Thanks to the great teacher that google is, I learned to create some pretty basic apps. This is the first app I created.

{Updated Screenshots}

Compare Feature

Start Game Feature!

[Latest APK INCLUDED BELOW]
    Pocket Tanks Tips.apk

It is almost complete and mostly bug free now, still we are working on it daily.

Each weapon has almost 30~35 parameters associated with it (Damage/Kick/Ratings of various kinds/Notes).
    So there are roughly 30*320=9600 parameters attached in the app.
    Currently we have filled the parameters on the fly, so accuracy is around 90%.

we need help in building a great pocket tanks guide app that will be useful to all the players new and old alike.
    I have attached the apk in this post, try it, if you think it has potential you can help us in any way you can..

If you are interested I will post what info i need about each weapon in the post below.

Thanx!
    ~Knightfury
    Attached Files
    Last edited by knightfury; 09-16-2016, 11:52 AM.

Re: Pocket Tanks Tips - Need Help to Create App! (sample apk included)

Hope you have tried the app and want to help.

In the App we have not yet uploaded what the terminology means yet, but you can find info about it here

Weapon Type
    Fire,Water,Blast,Zapping,Skipping,Cruising,Rolling ,Random,Bury,Digging,LoS,Worm,Hog,Homing,
    Heatseeker,Tracer,Rubber,Multi-Projectile,Split,Glue,Wall,Defense,Acid,Jump,Magne t,Precise.
    Multi-Projectile: Shoots multiple shot from turret.
    Split: shoots one projectile, but splits at some point.
    Hog: Goes in straight line though dirt. (eg. Gamma Blaster)

Parameters:
    These are parameters of the app that don't change(Generally )
    1 Damage: Gives the damage it can cause (we will change it t points later..)
    2 Radius: it can define 2 things about weapon, radius of the explosion or the distance required to hit the tank. (Power washer has high radius.)
    3 Kick : Obvious
    4 Spread : it signifies the effect of the weapon on the whole screen. (Trailblazer has Large Spread.)
    5 Random: Signifies if the shot will be random or not.(Chaos Grenade is not Random, But Twist Rockets are!)

Effects:
    these are the parameters that affect the behavior of weapon
    1 Proximity: how being close to the tan will affect your shooting of the weapon.
    2 Ground: how the opponent being on ground will help
    3 Bouncy: how bouncy dirt will affect weapon.
    4 Glue: Obvious.
    5 Wind: Obvious.

Ratings:
    These are the ratings of the usefulness of weapon in various conditions.
    Each weapon has 13 Ratings
    Rating Main: Overall rating of the weapon based on general consensus about the weapon (and how awesome it feels to use it.)
    Adjust aim: Usefulness to Adjust aim.
    Get Points: How much points it can get you.
    Direct Hit: If you have direct hit on enemy, should you use this weapon first?
    Bury Enemy: Usefulness to Bury Enemy..
    Get Close: Can it help you to get close? (Weapon kick also counts so it doesn't have only 4-5 weapons as you may think.)
    Bury Self: Usefulness in burying self.
    Dig Enemy: How good can it dig enemy out?
    Dig Self: How good can it dig self out? (counts points lost)
    Line of Sight: If you have LoS which weapon should you use?
    Hit Buried Enemy: Hit enemy buried and earn points.
    Waste Outside: which weapon can be wasted outside if you don have clear shot.
    Waste if buried: which shot can you waste first if you are buried.

so these are 22 things about a single weapon that we could think of
    How Parameters will be defined:
    Radius/Kick/Spread --> None, Tiny, Low, Small, Medium, Big, Large, Huge
    Random -->Yes No
    Damage--> we are figuring this out. currently it shows range. (20-120 for firebolt.)

How effects will be defined:
    Proximity/Ground/Bouncy/Glue/Wind --> No, Yes, Bad, Good

How Ratings will be defined:
    these are points given out of 10
    eg. Lava has 10 rating in get points, but has 1 rating in Adjust Aim/Get Close/ Waste if Buried.

If you want to help,
    Fill Out the following info for any weapon you want(we already have first 80/320 released weapons)
    Weapon Name:

PackID:
    Type1:
    Type2:
    Type3: {type "Blank if any weapon has only one or two type"}
    Similar1:
    Similar2:
    Damage:
    Radius:
    Kick:
    Spread:
    Random:
    Proximity:
    Ground:
    Rubber:
    Glue:
    Adjust aim: /10
    Get Points: /10
    Direct Hit: /10
    Bury Enemy: /10
    Get Close: /10
    Bury Self: /10
    Dig Enemy: /10
    Dig Self: /10
    Line of Sight: /10
    Hit Buried Enemy: /10
    Waste Outside: /10
    Waste if buried: /10
    Combo with:
    Last edited by knightfury; 11-05-2015, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Our current focus is making tips and guide for all 320 weapons.
      we are also laying foundation for combo guide, combo suggester, weapon compare, sorting by type/rating/parameters, Gallery with photos and videos.

If you have any feedback or corrections post them here, we will update the app ASAP.
      Last edited by knightfury; 10-15-2015, 03:53 PM.

Comment

This is so cool!!!

Comment

Tried downloading it. It didn't go work.

I'm not anti-learning about the game at ALL. But this level of information about weapons takes away the mystical and wonder element that makes it special and cool. Instead making it robotic and factual.
          An illustrative way to put it would be, how Star Wars over simplified the Force. Describing the Force as micro-organisms called midi-chlorians. What a disappointment!!
          This attempt at Pocket Tanks weapons is likewise the same. Learning and adapting to the weapons is a big part of the fun along with this forum.
          Therefore, Leave it alone. Leave this game to be discovered and enjoyed in a natural organic "human" way. Not experienced like a Drone.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAlvin View Post

I'm not anti-learning about the game at ALL. But this level of information about weapons takes away the mystical and wonder element that makes it special and cool. Instead making it robotic and factual.
            An illustrative way to put it would be, how Star Wars over simplified the Force. Describing the Force as micro-organisms called midi-chlorians. What a disappointment!!
            This attempt at Pocket Tanks weapons is likewise the same. Learning and adapting to the weapons is a big part of the fun along with this forum.
            Therefore, Leave it alone. Leave this game to be discovered and enjoyed in a natural organic "human" way. Not experienced like a Drone.
            while i somewhat agree with your analogy, i eould also like to point out there were many fans of expanded universe... this is an extension for those who want to learn more.

what phone do you have? and what error did it show?.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAlvin View Post

Good illustration. I hated how star wars did that too!
              Expanded universe wasn't the same as exposure of the force.

Comment

Updated the apk..
                It has 2 great new features,

"Compare"
                Compares any two weapons side by side.
                "Start Game"(Temporary name)
                It gives you option to select ten weapons, after you put in 10 weapons that you own in game it helps you form a strategy to play your game.
                It also shows you notes on how to use a weapon and if any COMBO is available.(In my opinion its best feature is combo.)

What is missing
                Only Similar Weapons are missing attribute in weapon guide.
                In Combo, we have only put in tentative generic info on combo. We will add other attributes in next update.

What is coming
                Various methods of sorting.
                Sort by (Type, Rating, Parameters, Effects, Weapon Packs)
                History of Pocket Tanks.
                Gallery (if we could figure it out, Gallery with Youtube videos)
                General How to play type tips.
                News about Pocket Tanks(Facebok and Twitter feed.)

Please try the app, and give us feedback..
                We are looking to publish it on Play Store as soon as Possible.

Comment

That would be great all-in-one app including all information, hystory, strategy hints, tips and weapon combos! We'll try to dig all that stuff from forum and implement into Pocket Tanks Tips app! That's great, Knightfury! You did a huge work!!! Respect to you!

I love Compare and Start Game modes. Ratings is still in the works, but idea of those modes is awesome!
                  VETERANS UNITED MEMBER!!! Excuse me for my English, I'm from Russia. Playing PT since 2001!

Comment

I hadn't seen this before. You must of spent a lot of time doing this. Many people will appreciate and use it for sure. Impressive!

Comment

Originally posted by Werkboy View Post
                      I hadn't seen this before. You must of spent a lot of time doing this. Many people will appreciate and use it for sure. Impressive!
                      Thanx! Did you try it?
                      Yeah, i was working on it daily for almost 8 hours for last month. Started the project on 5th Oct.

Comment

On my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 the app keeps crashing when i tap on any of the options shown

Heres a screenshot

Comment

Which android version you use on Note 3?
                          VETERANS UNITED MEMBER!!! Excuse me for my English, I'm from Russia. Playing PT since 2001!

Comment

Running Android 5.0 - Lollipop

Originally posted by VoLAN View Post
                            Which android version you use on Note 3?

Comment

Updated apk
                              Changes:
                              1. Corrections : revised ratings,parameters etc.
                              2. Complete Start Game Feature. Looks Better now.
                              3. Some New combos added.
                              4. Help option added in Start Game.
                              5. Buttons added in compare to go to weapon page.
                              6. Fun New Random option in Compare which compares any 2 weapons.

Comment

Working...
                              X