No announcement yet.

No other terrain types in online play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No other terrain types in online play?

My wife and I play this game with each other on a daily basis, but the lack of terrain types start to make it kinda boring. We both have tried changing the game setting to no avail. Is it our apps or is it an underlying issue?

Hey Noxxious,

We totally understand how you feel about lack of playing field quirks and variety. Though I can't say if such ideas were had in the past for the game, the new technologies that Mike has heen creating over in his mad code lab have been pretty interesting (you can check out a video or two of them on our Facebook page) and could contribute to such features in the future.

PS
    Welcome to the forums! If you ever need any help or questions answered, feel free to ask Brian or me, if not by creating your own topics and posts to make new discussions.
    你好!

Comment

What I mean is that there is only the hill terrain with no others showing up in the 1k+ games I've played against any player online... Why is that?

Comment

Also both of us have the settings set to random.

Comment

Last edited by Noxxious; 05-17-2016, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Hi Noxxious, I can see how John's response was less than direct. To put it more so...the hill terrain is the only one that shows up in online play. Ditto for other variables. When we added the online stuff, we wanted to keep things as simple as possible, as we were still learning how to keep that kind of data 100% identical for the entire play.

So you're not seeing a "bug". We DO fully intend to allow different terrains in the (sorta) near future, but it's not one of our big priorities. I would love to see it get into one of our next big updates though. I have ambitious plans for terrain in the future...but we have a number of plates spinning internally at the moment.
            Quid custodit ipsos custodes
            -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Wielder of a +1 Vorpal Sword of Banning.

Comment

Thank you for the reply, sorry if I seemed rude. I have a second question about wifi lobby not working anymore on any device. I'll search for an answer on the forum as well.

Comment

That's something we hear about, but can't duplicate. As you've probably found from my responses hither and thither, our WiFi is...er...unreliable. It was always, as it were, second priority among device-to-device play. Without the server, it's pretty much up to the game itself and the mobile devices it's installed on to make sure connections go properly, data is synced, and all that jazz. In office, it usually works fine about 95% of the time. But we don't have hundreds of different mobile devices (just dozens), and we don't go wandering the area looking for every WiFi hotspot to test them on, just our own. (Though if I can convince Mike...hmmm.)

Which means, bottom line, that there's only so many variables we can test for, and without reproducing the issue, tweaking the code for better connectivity in lobby is next to impossible.
                Quid custodit ipsos custodes
                -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Wielder of a +1 Vorpal Sword of Banning.

Comment

Working...
                X