This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So What is this Online Stuff?

I just gave the online play a go on my Android 2.3 and it is a blast! Also a great way to dust some rust off while I have an easy start against my first opponents.
    Last edited by ChallengeSpaceYard; 06-03-2014, 09:37 PM. Reason: Simplify post
    sigpic
    (36 board ideas)

Comment

Originally posted by ChallengeSpaceYard View Post
      I just gave the online play a go on my Android 2.3 and it is a blast! Also a great way to dust some rust off while I have an easy start against my first opponents.
      Hello,
      I searched for ChallengespaceYard and didn't find anyone. What's your username? I'll let you beat up on me for a bit until you dust your "rust" off.... :-)

JohnnyMac

Comment

I registered ChallengeSY for my Blitwise account.

Edit: Oh right. I forgot to disclose that I currently only have access to shareware weapons. Another reason I look forward to this being integrated into the PC.
        Last edited by ChallengeSpaceYard; 06-04-2014, 12:49 AM. Reason: More info
        sigpic
        (36 board ideas)

Comment

I have loved this game since having my friends over to play for hours on my old Amiga 1200. I miss the shields that forced players to aim around or at weird angles to penetrate. But right now I'm a little concerned that there *might* be a cheat in play in online. I've been playing someone for a week now, and I won most of the first few matches, and then suddenly their weapons seemed to take a noticeable turn for the ... shall I say "suspiciously lucky" mode. In the last 9 matches the other player has consistently had: torpedo (in one case multiples), liquid nitrogen, mega reaction, sonic blaster or meganuke, ant farm, and napalm. I can see torpedo maybe once every 2-3, but ... torpedo, ant farm (or big dirtball), mega reaction, and napalm (or liquid nitrogen) have all been hitting me in EVERY match. The odds of that seem a bit implausible, considering that to fill out that ordinance loadout they would have to have double that many power options that disappear during selection. Maybe even 3-4, but 9? In a row?
          Anyhoo, am I missing something or is there a way to have multiplayer with wind, variable terrain, etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by thanatos View Post
            I have loved this game since having my friends over to play for hours on my old Amiga 1200. I miss the shields that forced players to aim around or at weird angles to penetrate. But right now I'm a little concerned that there *might* be a cheat in play in online. I've been playing someone for a week now, and I won most of the first few matches, and then suddenly their weapons seemed to take a noticeable turn for the ... shall I say "suspiciously lucky" mode. In the last 9 matches the other player has consistently had: torpedo (in one case multiples), liquid nitrogen, mega reaction, sonic blaster or meganuke, ant farm, and napalm. I can see torpedo maybe once every 2-3, but ... torpedo, ant farm (or big dirtball), mega reaction, and napalm (or liquid nitrogen) have all been hitting me in EVERY match. The odds of that seem a bit implausible, considering that to fill out that ordinance loadout they would have to have double that many power options that disappear during selection. Maybe even 3-4, but 9? In a row?
            Anyhoo, am I missing something or is there a way to have multiplayer with wind, variable terrain, etc.?
            Hi thanatos,
            You are apparently playing a stacker. It's not necessarily a cheat, its just that some folks prefer to play with only certain (generally high power) weapons enabled (called, among other things, "stacking") and this would definitely give them an advantage over someone who does not stack. I play with all weapons and generally will play a game or two with someone until I realize that they are stacking and I simply don't play with them anymore. Like I said, it's not cheating unless a person is being sneaky about it. There are quite a few folks out there that enjoy only playing stacked vs stacked and are up front about it. Good luck!
            JohnnyMac

Comment

Yeah, i have even created my casesam.co.uk online account ..
              Last edited by ASCSCws; 11-04-2015, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X