This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So What is this Online Stuff?

It's still working great for me, same set up, but the phone is not jailbroken. Works great on ipad mini too.

This is my first post, but I've been playing the game for a few years. The online feature has been a big boon for me, as I had quit playing the game a year ago. The CPU was too easy to beat. I would love to see an upgraded CPU opponent, if possible.

But the online feature has been fun. It would also be awesome to add some kind of chat feature, to get people interacting and spread the game more. Pocket Tanks is one of the best games out there.

Comment

I must have had a funky network connection or something, because gameplay has been pretty much rock solid since I posted my problem. I was traveling and staying at a hotel so maybe that was the issue. I apologize for stirring the pot. All is well in Tank Town....

On another note, if you folks get around to pushing out another update, maybe a confirmation "are you sure" type of screen could be added that pops up when you hit the log off button. I seem to have a problem with accidentally hitting the log off button when I'm sticking the phone back in my pocket, and I'll be ****** if I can remember my password on the first 8 tries......

Comment

Glad to hear that Online has revitalized the game for you. Chat is, as I've said here before, a mixed bag, and not in our short-term plans. Neither is adjusting the AI. However, we do have interesting ideas on that, possibly for a future artillery game, maybe even for a future Pocket Tanks update.

Johnny, I'm pleased your play experience has improved. I think a confirmation dialogue for logging out is a good idea, and I'm kind of ashamed I didn't think of it when I was reviewing Apple's HIG. I'll add that to our todo list for the next update.
        Quid custodit ipsos custodes
        -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Wielder of a +1 Vorpal Sword of Banning.

Comment

Thanks Brian! And don't worry about Metallian needing chat. He just wants it so he can cuss me when I whoop up on him....

Comment

is he actually finishing the games now?, or still forfeiting once he starts losing..
            bad signal at work....but ill play asap

Comment

Here's a list of a few guys I play against that are pretty reliable:

CarsonBurkinstoc
              Oleg T
              vokota
              Ghangis Ken (he's tough)
              coltT230
              thejims
              GoDucks

If you have any you want to share post em....

Comment

ok great thanks.

a few for me that have been reliable:

RITZ
                gink
                Crisis619
                Spoinzy
                bad signal at work....but ill play asap

Comment

I had a few really good opponents. But right now I'm on the test server (Secret hush hush project), so I can't play much with live folks without getting all confused about which installs are which.
                  Quid custodit ipsos custodes
                  -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Wielder of a +1 Vorpal Sword of Banning.

Comment

JohnnyMac, Try to beat:
                    VoLAN
                    VETERANS UNITED MEMBER!!! Excuse me for my English, I'm from Russia. Playing PT since 2001!

Comment

Originally posted by Redrum619 View Post
                      is he actually finishing the games now?, or still forfeiting once he starts losing..
                      You'll have to beat me more than once to find out...

I'm not on your reliable list, JohnnyMac? I'm hurt.

In addition to JohnnyMac, i've found epster and cavcor to be very responsive. Quick back and forth games.
                      Last edited by Metallian; 02-02-2014, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Metallian View Post
                        You'll have to beat me more than once to find out...

I'm not on your reliable list, JohnnyMac? I'm hurt.

In addition to JohnnyMac, i've found epster and cavcor to be very responsive. Quick back and forth games.
                        You're on my reliable list Metallian. Your name was mentioned above so I figured it was a given.... No worries brah...

Comment

Originally posted by VoLAN View Post
                          JohnnyMac, Try to beat:
                          VoLAN
                          VoLAN, I'm giving it a go, but 2 days, 12 hours and 25 minutes still waiting for your next shot......

Comment

Execuse me ! I'm was busy!
                            VETERANS UNITED MEMBER!!! Excuse me for my English, I'm from Russia. Playing PT since 2001!

Comment

I am SO glad to have online play. I've been playing versions of this since the 90s on my Amiga 500. HOWEVER... is there not some way to classify the weapons so that both opponents in random matchups have something at least roughly equivalent in damage/burying/tunneling ability? I just got a match against someone and out of my "weapons" I got showdown, super funnel, island, bouncy dirt, gyro glue, hedge, and snowdrift? The weapons I got were explode-a-tron and color bomb, and mass driver (which isn't so much a weapon as russian roullette)... Needless to say, I am not winning this one. The other guy got guided missiles and heavy ordinance.

Comment

That's part of the fun.... :-) I love it when I have crap weapons and end up beating a guy that is set up with good ones. Doesn't happen often, but if I lose, I just challenge them again and hopefully I get the good ones the next time! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X