This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So What is this Online Stuff?

Johnny, there's currently no where that scores wins/losses, though there will be eventually.

As far as forfeiting, etc, we don't have and don't currently plan to implement a poke system. What we do have is a notification that reminds someone whose turn it is that they have to take their turn, I think after 48 hours. After 72 hours, they automatically forfeit. We're interested in hearing if people think that is too long or too short a time, but it was our best first guess.
    Quid custodit ipsos custodes
    -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Wielder of a +1 Vorpal Sword of Banning.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
      Johnny, there's currently no where that scores wins/losses, though there will be eventually.

As far as forfeiting, etc, we don't have and don't currently plan to implement a poke system. What we do have is a notification that reminds someone whose turn it is that they have to take their turn, I think after 48 hours. After 72 hours, they automatically forfeit. We're interested in hearing if people think that is too long or too short a time, but it was our best first guess.
      Hi Brian,
      Is the forced forfeit in 72 hours already in the game or coming in an update? I think 72 hours is fine. Thanks for the response. I am addicted....

JohnnyMac

Comment

The 72 hr forfeit is not working yet for me atleast. I have multiple games that I'm waiting for the other players turn that are older than 3 days. I also have 5 games currently that I've been waiting for my opponent to pick their weapons for 2 days .. Hopefully an automatic forfeit can be implemented. I don't want to click the white flag

I am also addicted to the online play (when I get an opponent that actually plays) This has really got me excited about this game again. So thanks again for online play!

Anyone reading this feel free to add me and send game invites. I usually play pretty quick if im not at work or busy.
        bad signal at work....but ill play asap

Comment

Well, now I'm not so sure. The forfeit is supposed to be in place, but evidence suggests it is clearly not working reliably. We're going to get the details from our network guy ASAP.
          -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Comment

Hi all. First of all 72 hr forfeit is really not working. I have games that i'm waiting for 5 and 6 days))
            Secondary i think that even 72 hr is too much. 48 hr must be excellent choice, cause 72 hr is way toooooooooooo much. But i think even 48 hr is too much. Biggest problem - its really hard to remember when you have 10 active games and enemy shoot once in 2 days And random weapons is really silly decision. Once i have only 3 weapons that make damage(such as pile driver) and mass tracers, showdown, piedestal, jump etc. It was unreal to win. He shoot chain reaction and gg. I think its pretty unfair. I always forfeit matches like that, cause you can win only if your opponent is blind monkey.

Comment

I can confirm that. I went 4 days and a couple hours on one game before I forfeited it to clean up my game box. Thanks again!

Comment

well Johnnymac, we've had some pretty interesting matches so far lol

Comment

Originally posted by Redrum619 View Post
                  well Johnnymac, we've had some pretty interesting matches so far lol
                  That we have! You seem to have my number most of the time..... :-) Just when I'm going to drop the boom, you drop dirt on me....

Comment

lol yeah, you gotta play with the weapons you're given. I've had the dirt dropped on me plenty of times too

Comment

Possible bug? We tied but my final report was that I won.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93376500@N02/11864474676
                      Last edited by JohnnyMac; 01-10-2014, 01:17 AM. Reason: Pic didn't show up

Comment

Johnny, the game does have a bug where the final outcome didn't properly take into account points lost through self damage. I think that we got that one nailed for our upcoming update, but now I'm nervous and have to double check.
                        -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Comment

Thanks Brian!

Comment

Couple things with the new update. Seems like quite often I can play a round, then go back to the game center and no matter how many times I refresh, I have to use "Instant Replay" and watch both shots a couple times before it registers with the server. Also, seems like I don't get pushes when it's my turn as often as I used to. I'll get a bunch at the same time. Just a couple things I noticed. Otherwise still a fun time...!

Comment

Johnny, I'll pass this on. We didn't experience any issues in testing (there was a bit of delay sometimes in getting the opponent's shot FROM the server, but not the other way around) like you describe. What device and OS version are you using, he asks preemptively because he knows that's what the programmers will ask.
                              -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                                Johnny, I'll pass this on. We didn't experience any issues in testing (there was a bit of delay sometimes in getting the opponent's shot FROM the server, but not the other way around) like you describe. What device and OS version are you using, he asks preemptively because he knows that's what the programmers will ask.
                                Hi Brian,
                                I'm using an iPhone 4S (jailbroken) iOS 6.2.1. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X