X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Weapon Picking Preference

Greetings Pocket Tanks Fans!

As you may know if you read our blogs, our Facebook, or anything else (and if you don't, do!) we're doing some pretty big things with Pocket Tanks. Right now we're working on creating a way for people to play against one another online. And there was much rejoicing.

There's some hitches. One of them is the Weapon Shop mechanic, which is one of the unique things about Pocket Tanks, but could be a hassle for us to implement.

So we need to know more about how our fans actually choose their weapons, so we can decide what's the best way to go forward.

Also, I've posted this same poll on Facebook. If you're a Face...booker, then please answer the poll THERE as well.

I pick each weapon myself.
    0.00%
    I hit Random.
    83.33%
    I pick a few weapons, then hit Random.
    16.67%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Brian; 05-03-2013, 04:21 PM.
    Quid custodit ipsos custodes
    -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Wielder of a +1 Vorpal Sword of Banning.

Re: Poll: Weapon Picking Preference

Brian, I will tell you how I play with a friend on the same computer (hotseat): first we argue `` rock paper scissors'' to see who will be the first player, then we have three types of weapon picking.
    1) Each player takes the weapon itself
    2) Each player chooses a weapon to another player! a very fun way
    3) Random

When i play via Hamachi i only use Random, because it's not fair when one person always plays first, he always takes the greatest weapon. that's why for the online mode is more suitable randomness. So for ONLINE mode i vote RANDOM.
    VETERANS UNITED MEMBER!!! Excuse me for my English, I'm from Russia. Playing PT since 2001!

Comment

Usually my friends and I settle for letting the random option decide, but every once in a blue moon we decide to pick our weapons manually.

Comment

I agree with Volan. While playing through online, first player always have the advantage of choosing the best weapon. So we always go for random weapons.

Volan thanks for sharing this
        Each player chooses a weapon to another player! a very fun way
        i'm going to try this with my friends, funny though.
        One person with a belief is equal to a force of ninety-nine who have only interests - Peter Marshall

Comment

I personally just hit random. Picks weapons somewhat fairly as far as i know. Except when Fireworks come up. Always grab that weapon. Massive points right there.

Comment

most of the time I pick each weapon. sometimes if there is a poor selection at the end, I'll hit random. Also, it probably isn't a good idea to close polls on a forum where many users (like myself) visit infrequently.
            Magic Wall- a wall that's magic
            Fireworks- fire that works

Comment

Poll was closed because the question was asked in order to get a feel for player behavior, so that we could make a design decision. That decision has been made.
              Quid custodit ipsos custodes
              -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Wielder of a +1 Vorpal Sword of Banning.

Comment

Working...
              X