Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOW TO: Installing Deluxe and/or Expansions.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO: Installing Deluxe and/or Expansions.

Look left, and look right. Both of those people have no idea how to install pocket tanks and its packs.

After the influx of members who can't seem to install these two files, here is a simple walkthrough for all of you.

1: GETTING THE GAME!!!
    This is where most trouble occurs.

Users want to get the full version, and download the free version.

See that? You want to click the link that is underlined, not the "download free version" beneath it. Follow the simple, easy steps, and you have just bought POCKET TANKS DELUXE.

IMPORTANT: THE FREE VERSION DOES NOT SUPPORT ANY EXPANSIONS PERIOD!!!

Now you are wondering, where is this download?

The download is coming as per link in an email that will be sent to you in the range of immediately to 30 minutes, so patience is a virtue!

When downloading this game, you will want to select a place that you will remember where it is.

I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOUR DESKTOP!!!

When your download is complete, you might be wondering, no where is this game i can now play?

It is not on your system, that's where. WHAT YOU HAVE JUST DOWNLOADED IS A INSTALLER!!!

So, double click the install file labeled "Pocket Tanks Deluxe" and follow the instructions. For those who need help, they would be:

1: next.
    2: select the "I agree" circle beneath the license agreement.
    3: next
    4: click next. IMPORTANT: REMEMBER YOUR FILE PATH YOU ARE INSTALLING TO!!! DEFAULT IS C:\Program Files\Pocket Tanks Deluxe. I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU KEEP THIS FILE PATH!!!

And that's it! Your game is now installed! You can now visit that file path, and the game will be there!

2: GETTING THE LATEST VERSION OF YOUR GAME!!!

To get the latest version of the game, and THIS ONLY WORKS IF YOU HAVE DELUXE, all you have to do is email:

techsupport@blitwise.com

with the NAME AND EMAIL ADRESS you used to purchase the game, and within 24 hours, a new email will come with the download for the new installer. Follow the simple installing instructions as per above and you will have the newest version of Pocket Tanks Deluxe!

3: GETTING EXPANSION PACKS!!!

This is last hard part of setting up your game.

When you go to the expansion page of the Blitwise home page for Pocket Tanks, you will see this:

Notice at the far right top, there is a link that will send you to an exact similar page, only all products will be for the Mac.

Also notice that in this graph-like layout, the far right column tells you whether the pack is free or not. Pay packs always come with 15 weapons and are $7.99. Free packs always come with 5 weapons.

The download situation for the free pack is simple, just click on the "download file" link right in that cell in accordance to the pack. The pay packs, simply click on "buy now" in the cell, and follow the simple steps. The free packs automatically download your files. The pay packs will, just like buying the game, send you an email with the link.

Just like the game, you will receive the installer for the pack. follow the install instructions, and make sure to:

IMPORTANT: INSTALL YOUR EXPANSION PACK IN THE VERY SAME FILE PATH YOU INSTALLED YOUR GAME TO, WHICH DEFAULT IS ONCE AGAIN, C:\Program Files\Pocket Tanks Deluxe!!!
    Once the installation is complete, you are all done installing THAT pack!!!

You can now play the latest version of the game with that expansion pack!!!

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: MANY CONFUSE THE GOLD PACK WITH AN ENGINE UPGRADE (GOLD VERSION). THE GOLD PACK IS AN EXPANSION PACK LIKE ANY OTHER, NOT AN ENGINE UPGRADE!!!!!!!!
    Congratulations, you now know everything you need to know to maintain your game of Pocket Tanks Deluxe!!!
    Last edited by ekoz; 10-28-2008, 02:50 PM.
    sigpic
    Up, Down, and All Around.

Brian should sticky this.
    sigpic

Comment

Some suggestions:
      1. Make the images at least 800x600, and mark them up so people can clearly see what you are referencing.
      2. More pictures. Document as much as you can with clear examples.
      3. Spelling and grammar is key. Capitalize, and spell right.
      4. Format the text better, and use less text. Wordiness is bad.
      Very nice overall.
      Tricky Revolutionary War

Comment

^

Copy above post into this post.

Also:
        See that? You want to click the link that is highlighted, not the "download free version" beneath it. Follow the simple, easy steps, and you have just bought POCKET TANKS DELUXE.
        You should say ``underlined``, not ``highlighted``.
        I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
        > sigpic >
        ~Get your disputes solved by a real rules lawyer. Ask the red mage.

LOLWUT, YOUR OUT OF SYNC. GG ~Rex Nex

Comment

everyone's a critic around here...jeez.
          sigpic

Comment

Nice work, this is like my pic guide. But with pics.
            ...still existing

Comment

I just reread the tutorial, and I really like now. I followed it through, and itis incredibly accurate. At least in my opinion.
              Tricky Revolutionary War

Comment

If it didn't get the default path wrong, I'd say it was incredibly accurate. Right now I'd say it's moderately accurate.

Comment

how is the default path wrong? i copied the exact default path from the install package. i actually opened it and copied down the EXACT path.
                  sigpic

Comment

The default path is C:\Program Files\Pocket Tanks Deluxe. For the DEMO, it's just Pocket Tanks.

edit: unless Mike changed it since September 28, 2007

Comment

woops. i opened up the demo version, that's probably why.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yep, that would be why.

Comment

changed.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well done ekoz, this finally became Stickied.
                            sigpic

Comment

nice
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X