This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fantom View Post
    I played PT with some guy from the Hamachi network. Probably is forum user since I got the hamachi network address from here, it worked. ( He hosted ).
    Hello and welcome. Sorry for a certain member's hostile response.
    Anyhow, what is your Hamachi username and what network(s) are you joined to.
    sigpic

Comment

• yeah sorry... *looks at self, gets wide eyed, charges to the hardware store*
      Spelunky and Antrush
      are now the only things I care about

Comment

• Hello Fantom,

Welcome to Blitwise.

I always have problems connecting to people using direct IP-IP or finding their games using Hamachi (without entering IP). But as I have mentioned in the Hamachi thread, everything works fine if you use the Hamachi IP with IP-IP. But as you have already tried it and it doesn't seem to work, here are some few suggestions:

1. Make sure Hamachi is working when you use the Hamachi IP.
        2. Make sure that both the players have enabled the IP-IP box.
        3. Visit the Hamachi thread, hopefully you may find something helpful. The link to it can be found in my signature.

Comment

• @Unknown: (Several posts up)
          Enough with taking the discussion off topic, please. People are solving a problem and don't need to be disrupted.
          I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
          > sigpic >
          ~Get your disputes solved by a real rules lawyer. Ask the red mage.

LOLWUT, YOUR OUT OF SYNC. GG ~Rex Nex

Comment

• "what?" *yells from hardware store window*
            *Samail explains*
            "oh, bye!"
            *pedals away on his trike to the arctic*
            "aw man, lost again!"

that means ok
            Spelunky and Antrush
            are now the only things I care about

Comment

• Oh for someone who asked what networks I joined. They're called ActivePT and Verta 2.

Kinda disappointed with both of them because : The people who're asking me to play speak no english at all or are very limited at it, and it's impossible to even set up a game with someone who doesn't understand what I am saying, or the other way around.

And there's also that there's rarely much people online. I only managed to set up one game once with someone who speaked average english. All the other networks I tried were full.. probably with people who I could actually play with x_x

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantom View Post
                Oh for someone who asked what networks I joined. They're called ActivePT and Verta 2.

Kinda disappointed with both of them because : The people who're asking me to play speak no english at all or are very limited at it, and it's impossible to even set up a game with someone who doesn't understand what I am saying, or the other way around.

And there's also that there's rarely much people online. I only managed to set up one game once with someone who speaked average english. All the other networks I tried were full.. probably with people who I could actually play with x_x
                Ok, I, too, am on ActivePT.
                The problems you are having with people who don't speak much english and the fact that not many people are online would be due to your timezone, or the time you go on Hamachi.
                sigpic

Comment

• Guyz! i'm new this forum things ! [I only Blog]
                  Wat is this sticking all about ?

Comment

• Originally posted by dbzss3 View Post
                    Guyz! i'm new this forum things ! [I only Blog]
                    Wat is this sticking all about ?
                    If an admin likes a thread and wants it to stay at the top of a forum, then he "stickies" it.
                    sigpic

Comment

• I dont get it
                      I love minecraft, and terraria!
                      I love indie games!

Comment

• IP to IP via Hamachi

Hamachi is a hassle, yes. But give this some thought.

Hamachi is a more secure way to play a game because your TRUE address is not seen. See,the problem with IP to IP is the risk that someone may be an expert hacker able to use your address to infiltrate your machine, provided he's smart enough to get past your security.

At least with Hamachi, that risk is minimal, if not, non-existent. And I still get to game. Win-Win.
                        Co-owned by Tiger, I have a new website that lists my Hamachi servers and provides a public chatroom for everyone.

Comment

• Very clear details are provided. Tahnk U a Lot

If video demo available it will be good and better

Comment

• I have 1.3 and mine doesn't look like that..how do i fix this so i can enable IP2IP play
                            <PT_CONFIG
                            player1Name="PLAYER 1"
                            player1Color="8"
                            player2Name="PLAYER 2"
                            player2Color="3"
                            cpuDifficulty="0"
                            netPlayerName="PLAYER"
                            netGameName="NET GAME"
                            netPassword=""
                            />

Comment

• No one responded to this?

Well you're definitely missing the networkIPSupport="1" line, either because something wasn't installed properly or because you haven't selected LAN Game on the main menu yet. (Whether or not that makes the line appear in the config file is a complete guess.)

Try copying networkIPSupport="1" (exactly as-is) onto the first line, under "<PT_CONFIG".
                              I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
                              > sigpic >
                              ~Get your disputes solved by a real rules lawyer. Ask the red mage.

LOLWUT, YOUR OUT OF SYNC. GG ~Rex Nex

Comment

Working...
                              X