This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP to IP Tutorial

The amount of confusion about the IP to IP mode in Pocket Tanks is rather high, so I am going to explain the whole process.
    First, you'll need to create a game. Do this part before even inviting the other person.

First, create the game. DO THIS FIRST!

Next, change the settings and name the game. Then press "Create Game."

From here, you wait for somebody to join your game. Read the text in the box.

At this point, the game host is waiting and the guest enters the IP.

Finally, you work has paid off. If everything was done correctly, you should see the game in the box. Join the game.

If the guest and the host did everything right, then both will be able to chat here, and then start the game. The game will count down, and then it starts.

NOTE: The above may not work if you have a router. I don't have a router, but I know that if you do have one, you could easily join a game already made.

Now, to enable IP to IP support, go to My Computer, then to My Documents.

Now, to My Games.

Now, to PTanks(Deluxe).

Now, to PT.cfg. Please note that if there is any file aside from cp.cfg, pt.cfg, local.cfg, network.cfg, score.dat, log.txt or a settings folder, THIS IS THE WRONG FOLDER.

Now, change the zero in the box to a one.

Now, IP to IP support is enabled.

If the IP to IP box does not appear, make sure you did the following:
    > Save pt.cfg before you start PTanks. PTanks needs to restart before you can play.
    > Check you version number. So far, only V1.3 has IP to IP, let alone network play.
    > Make sure you change the right pt.cfg. If you install V1.3 over another version, there will be a pt.cfg in the same Pocket Tanks Deluxe folder as pockettanks.exe is. If you change the one from V1.2 or earlier, it won't work.

If it still doesn't work, please post the version number of Pocket Tanks and the file path of pt.cfg.
    Last edited by blue_moon; 01-14-2009, 09:30 PM. Reason: changed a part to sound kinder
    Tricky Revolutionary War

Very good. Needs a sticky.

Comment

Never needed to do that, it automatically setup the IP. Same with Hamachi, automatic.
      We are Veterans United!

sigpic

Comment

This is for IP to IP, not LAN.
        Tricky Revolutionary War

Comment

No need to use IP to IP when Hamachi works perfectly fine.
          Play Pocket Tanks online !!!
          Server: ActivePT
          Pass: indeed

Comment

Hamachi is unsupported, a piece of crap and not worth using. Plus, you aren't limitted to only 16 people, and there are no servers. Just PM someone, give them your IP and you can play. Plus, you don't need to download any other software.
            EDIT:
            Also, look at your sig. I believe IP to IP is catching on.
            Tricky Revolutionary War

Comment

howd you get that IP-IP box on the bottom of the screen?
              sigpic
              Up, Down, and All Around.

Comment

Originally posted by ekoz View Post
                howd you get that IP-IP box on the bottom of the screen?
                Haha good point. He missed one of the most important things, how to get that IP to IP box.
                Play Pocket Tanks online !!!
                Server: ActivePT
                Pass: indeed

Comment

Ah, yes. I'll add that tomorrow. I promise.
                  Tricky Revolutionary War

Comment

Do you...PINKY PROMISE?!?
                    Zwaken's Signature. Enjoy.

Comment

To get the IP-IP box, open My Documents\My Games\Pocket Tanks Deluxe. You'll see a file as "pt.config". Open it using a text editor(notepad).
                      Then you'll see line as
                      networkIPSupport="0"
                      Change it to
                      networkIPSupport="1"
                      Save the file. You're ready to go.
                      OK Blue, since you are being so rowdy about Hamachi, tell me how am I supposed to know when the person(to whom I gave my IP) is online? btw PM's don't reach you until your next login.
                      One more thing: Most of us are behind routers. We don't have individual IP's. How are we supposed to play??
                      Last edited by prateek; 01-21-2008, 03:57 AM.

Comment

[SARCASM] No, he is lying, nobody believe what he says, he is an alien and knows nothing about humans or human entertainment. Why do you think his name is Blue Moon, it is where he came from, a distant moon that is blue, he just post on forums to confuse humans and start a chain reaction that will make the world we know and call Earth to come to an end. It is his devious plan, to confuse and destroy us all with his alien ways. [/SARCASM]

Math Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
                        Reading Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
                        Computer Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Comment

::confused::

Comment

Originally posted by prateek.singla View Post
                            To get the IP-IP box, open My Documents\My Games\Pocket Tanks Deluxe. You'll see a file as "pt.config". Open it using a text editor(notepad).
                            Then you'll see line as
                            networkIPSupport="0"
                            Change it to
                            networkIPSupport="1"
                            Save the file. You're ready to go.
                            OK Blue, since you are being so rowdy about Hamachi, tell me how am I supposed to know when the person(to whom I gave my IP) is online? btw PM's don't reach you until your next login.
                            One more thing: Most of us are behind routers. We don't have individual IP's. How are we supposed to play??
                            In response to the second one, you know the person is online by looking at the bottom of the screen and seeing their name. PM them. Have them create the game. The thign about Hamachi is that not everyone wants to be connected to a "make-believe" LAN. It is unsupported software (at least the version everyone is using now). Plus, you don't have to download something (for people on slow ISPs).
                            In response to the third thing, you don't need to worry about that. Have someone else create the game. Besides, I'd think you would just go to cmd.exe and type in ipconfig. Then you get your IP Address.
                            EDIT:
                            Part two of the guide is up.
                            Last edited by blue_moon; 01-21-2008, 05:15 PM.
                            Tricky Revolutionary War

Comment

very nice work there blue_moon, very informative and indeed most helpful.
                              /\"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" -Optimus prime, Transformers 2007 /\"Would it have been too much to ask for the order to have come through before I gave him back the bloody lightsaber?" -Commander Cody /\"For a brick, he flew pretty good!" SMaj. Avery J Johnson, Halo 2 /\"Stand fast, stand strong, stand together. Hackett out." sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X