X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hamachi Thread

How to use Hamachi
    1. Download latest Hamachi version and install it.IT IS A PERFECTLY SAFE SOFTWARE.

https://secure.logmein.com/US/produc.../download.aspx

2. Once you have installed Hamachi, you now have a hamachi account(not a server). You are now capable of joining or creating servers. You now have a Hamachi IP (something like 5.xx.xxx.xx)
    3. Join any server.

UPDATE: List of all servers.

Network Name : Professional Pocket Tankz
    Password : 123

server:spwan989
    pass:booloony

Network: BlitWise Users Only
    Pass: 12345

name: NewPtanks
    pass: 123

name: pocket tanks clan

name:idahofella

4. Once you have joined the server/network, you should see a list of all other members on that server. Just because their name is there doesn't mean they are online. When someone is online, a green dot will appear before their name. You can only play with a person who is online. You do not have to ping him in order to play with him.
    5. Once a person is online, you can chat with him and tell him to host a game to join your's (if you have hosted).
    6. Once the other person has hosted, open Pocket Tanks and go to Lan Play. You will be able to see his game and join.

Troubleshooting:
    1. If both the persons are behind a router, there is a high chance they may have the same IP. Pocket Tanks doesn't read your hamachi IP, so your IP will be the same as your friend's and you cannot see his game or he cant see your game. People using the same modem/router i.e. on a wireless network also experience the same problem. Changing your IP manually will solve the problem.
    2.You need "ptloader.exe" and "pockettanks.exe" unblocked from a firewall for it to work. Plus just so everybody knows, If two players both host a game they won't be able to see the others game! One needs to host and the other waits at the main game lobby screen!

The Best Solution
    If none of this works, you can simply use the IP-IP method but make sure that you use your hamachi IP's for connecting. For more info, click here.

OS compatibility
    XP and Vista users can play with each other.
    However, Mac and Windows connections are still not supported.

If you have any other problem, just post it HERE. If you create any new servers, please post them HERE only.
    Last edited by prateek; 02-20-2011, 03:41 AM.

it doesn't seem to connect for me. i just installed it, but it just won't connect. it'll get all the way to resolving, but it will go back to reconnecting. help?
    sigpic
    Up, Down, and All Around.

Comment

Finally prateek, you make a good solid post about hamachi.

P.S. Changing your IP manually will solve the problem - How do you do it?

Also, this should get stickied or else it will go down the forum drain as all other threads.
      Last edited by jeff; 12-22-2007, 09:37 PM.
      Play Pocket Tanks online !!!
      Server: ActivePT
      Pass: indeed

Comment

it goes all the way to the "connecting" status(after i clicked the power off then back on), then it said:

Failed to connect to the mediation server ssl-12.hamachi.cc.

then, when i press "yes" for "keep trying?", it does that whole "goes all the resolving, then goes back to reconnecting" thing.
        sigpic
        Up, Down, and All Around.

Comment

@ekoz : This is not a hamachi prob. There is something wrong with your connection or probabily your firewall is blocking Hamachi. Unblock it.

@jeff: Changing your network IP:
          1. Go to Control Panel>Network Connections.
          2. Right click on Local Area Connection and click Properties.
          3. Open TCP/IP properties.
          4. Choose [bUse the following IP[/b]
          5. Now you gotta contact ur ISP to know what all IP's you can change to....or wait....post your present network IP and i may be able to help you.

Comment

Is it safe to just post my IP address in the forums? Is it safe for others to know it. Can my computer get hacked if I do so?

Comment

If it is your Hamachi IP, you are safer, but never post your real internet connection IP! Hackers are at large.
              We are Veterans United!

sigpic

Comment

Since you are behind a router, you probably have a IP sumthing like 192.168.xx.x. and not an individual IP. Posting your IP is absolutely safe. But if are still afraid to do so, just PM me your IP.

Comment

I would like to request Brian to stick this thread, so that it doesn't go down the forum like other threads.

Comment

Man theres like 25 people in the hamachi networks. And there's almost always no one online except me! I WANNA PLAY!:mad:

Comment

Blue Moon gave me an idea! I have now created a special Pocket Tanks server. People who want to play will need to PM me, so the server isn't filled with people who are guests and are just clogging the server.

This post is 2 years old. Don't PM me asking about the server.
                      Last edited by prateek; 12-25-2009, 05:19 AM.

Comment

I'll probably download Hamachi because you have downloaded it from that link. I just need the link again, I deleted it.
                        Tricky Revolutionary War

Comment

If too many never-come-on people are on the server, just evict them!
                          We are Veterans United!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wildgoosespeeder View Post
                            If too many never-come-on people are on the server, just evict them!
                            Yes do that.

Comment

@blue_moon..here's the link
                              http://www.afterdawn.com/software/ne...i.cfm/v1_0_2_1

@WGS and jeff
                              since I come online at a time which suites me, i do not know when who all come online. So i can't evict them. The special server has been created for that purpose.

Comment

Working...
                              X