No announcement yet.

Png Vs Jpg!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate GIF speckles XD anywho, PNG is mostly very 56k friendly, even with some larger pictures. Whenever I create a piece of art through tablet (I use a graphire4, yay) I save it as PNG. Low filesize, no quality loss and no need for fancy software to blow up the filesize for the sake of quality. Heck, you probably have to buy that software too. Or is it free/shareware?

Comment

There you have it! Now could people start using png's?! I have a reason for not sometimes, my laptop can't support them, only bmp/jpg's but photoshopped pictures i make will ALWAYS be png.

Comment

There's a reason why Macs use PNG's by default...

Comment

You!!! Lucky!!! B******!!!! I Wan't Your Mac!!!! Zomg U R Teh Noobz Zomgt U Hsve Mac And U Doodle Wit Teh

Comment

Originally posted by Chaz_Fox View Post
            I hate GIF speckles XD anywho, PNG is mostly very 56k friendly, even with some larger pictures. Whenever I create a piece of art through tablet (I use a graphire4, yay) I save it as PNG. Low filesize, no quality loss and no need for fancy software to blow up the filesize for the sake of quality. Heck, you probably have to buy that software too. Or is it free/shareware?
            It's free... It's also the one of the most popular basic imageviewing/editing programs on the web....
            http://www.irfanview.com/
            "The Spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised."
            -- Zapp Brannigan, Captain

Comment

Yay, ifranview. I use that, but it still does the same thing with jpegs.
              sigpic
              "Do you know what kind of hat I'm wearing? It's a party hat; you don't get one." - Tycho, Marathon Infinity
              My Website of Miscellany
              V.U. Member.

Comment

Originally posted by Xap View Post
                Yay, ifranview. I use that, but it still does the same thing with jpegs.
                You just need to change some simple settings.... while saving...

It only does what you tell it too... much like all software...
                Last edited by biggman15; 01-22-2007, 05:44 PM.
                "The Spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised."
                -- Zapp Brannigan, Captain

Comment

Oh! I get it now! Thank you!
                  sigpic
                  "Do you know what kind of hat I'm wearing? It's a party hat; you don't get one." - Tycho, Marathon Infinity
                  My Website of Miscellany
                  V.U. Member.

Comment

I think PNG is better.

Comment

Who said it isn't?
                      sigpic
                      My Website of Miscellany
                      V.U. Member.

Comment

It's because he didn't read any of the posts, he just jumped in like a 5 year old that hears one word he understands and replies to it, he thought i was making a poll, due to a lack of common sense and information.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalphite View Post
                          It's because he didn't read any of the posts, he just jumped in like a 5 year old that hears one word he understands and replies to it, he thought i was making a poll, due to a lack of common sense and information.

I was just stating my opinion, and what you said offends me. I didn't think you were making a poll at all. I'm not an idiot.

Comment

Still a pretty dumb thing to say, from the OP it's telling people to use png rather than jpg, because it is both smaller, and higher quality, and other posts were comparing, and showing what i said in other ways, and also showing how jpg can still have good quality, etc.

Then you jump in and say you like pngs more... don't you think that was a little uncalled for?

Okay fine sorry for insulting about the dumb part

Comment

Now now kids, behave.

And my opinion? I don't really care, as I'm not really computer-wise and stuff...

Comment

Png Vs Jpg

my mac is defaulted to PNG, but I thought JPG was used more often.
                                Also, Ive noticed that some web page design software will not accept PNG as a format.

As for the upload speed, I will let someone else answer the question for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X