This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icon Art

This thread is the best place to post your icons and to post your screenshots also.

Enjoy the art everyone
    Last edited by Slade; 04-18-2007, 11:15 AM. Reason: Different title text...
    Jarrett Frostburge ze 3rde

Originally posted by The Slade
    My mechanical foot says "thanks."

Yeah, I might make one. Ten max.
    Tricky Revolutionary War

Comment

And where is it?
      VETERANS UNITED MEMBER!!! Excuse me for my English, I'm from Russia. Playing PT since 2001!

Comment

Not yet... Maybe in a day, week or month. 15000 years at the most.
        Tricky Revolutionary War

Comment

ok, i'll wait for 15000 years
          VETERANS UNITED MEMBER!!! Excuse me for my English, I'm from Russia. Playing PT since 2001!

Comment

While you're waiting, you should make an icon.

Oh and please, someone tell me how to put my icon(s) onto my posts!!!
            Last edited by Slade; 03-10-2007, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Chaos Bomb: Just like the Chaos Grenade, except it can pick any weapon from any weapons packs you've installed, with bigger explosions and bigger kickbacks.

Alien Abduction: A UFO comes by, beams up the enemy tank, flies about whilst causing damage to the tank, then drops the tank randomly.

Crop Duster: Again, a bit like Solar Flare, except a plane or helicopter flies over a few times, dropping acid rain-like stuff, causing tanks damage, but leave the landscape intact.

Dome of Death: A bullet is fired at a point (preferably the enemy tank). It builds a dome, like in dome protect, then fills it with water (hail storm like stuff).

Super Glue: Exactly like Glue Bomb, except it shoots higher, and farther, and sticks the tank in question to the ground. Basically, stops anything from moving at all.

Oil Well: A well is drilled where the bullet lands, then black hail storm stuff shoots up, like in Melt Down.

These r from the weapon suggestions thread.

btw, to post an image, first upload the image to a site: e.g. www.tinypic.com

the site will show u the link address, usually like: http://i15.tinypic.com/2zjc32w.jpg

u then write this: (i cant actually write it proper, so here it (all of the following is code, and must be written as one line)

[
              IMG
              ]
              http://i15.tinypic.com/2zjc32w.jpg
              [
              /IMG
              ]

Comment

Originally posted by str1ker View Post
                Chaos Bomb: Just like the Chaos Grenade, except it can pick any weapon from any weapons packs you've installed, with bigger explosions and bigger kickbacks.

Alien Abduction: A UFO comes by, beams up the enemy tank, flies about whilst causing damage to the tank, then drops the tank randomly.

Crop Duster: Again, a bit like Solar Flare, except a plane or helicopter flies over a few times, dropping acid rain-like stuff, causing tanks damage, but leave the landscape intact.

Dome of Death: A bullet is fired at a point (preferably the enemy tank). It builds a dome, like in dome protect, then fills it with water (hail storm like stuff).

Super Glue: Exactly like Glue Bomb, except it shoots higher, and farther, and sticks the tank in question to the ground. Basically, stops anything from moving at all.

Oil Well: A well is drilled where the bullet lands, then black hail storm stuff shoots up, like in Melt Down.

These r from the weapon suggestions thread.

btw, to post an image, first upload the image to a site: e.g. www.tinypic.com

the site will show u the link address, usually like: http://i15.tinypic.com/2zjc32w.jpg

u then write this: (i cant actually write it proper, so here it (all of the following is code, and must be written as one line)

[
                IMG
                ]
                http://i15.tinypic.com/2zjc32w.jpg
                [
                /IMG
                ]
                I like oil well the best. It may be a shaded version of volcano, but Super Glue is a stretched out version of Glue Bomb and very pixelly. Dome of Death is Dome Protect with a skull over it. Crop Duster doesn't look in proportion and Alien Abduction wasn't colored in properly. Chaos Bomb is okay aside from the fact the bomb is an octagon with 3 shades of black only. In other words, great for a first time, okay if its been your 1-30 time.
                Tricky Revolutionary War

Comment

first time, and all done in about 5 mins...

not bad huh?:rolleyes:

i actually wanted to do super glue like the actual superglue squirters, but i was too lazy...
                  all the others were just 4 da h311 of !t.

Comment

Thanks St1ker for the tip! It really helped

Here are my first icons:

Mortar Pail - a can pours black gooey paint onto your opponent. Damage the same style as molten plastic.

Rail Gun - 3 straight laser like shots that do 30 damage each 90 max.

Sour Lemon - this shot drops hundreds of zapper like shots the whole time while it is in the air. Each zappar shot does 1 point. Once the sour lemon hits the ground, it also bursts into at least 30 more zappar shots. (the zappar like shots resemble drops of sour lemon juice)

Plinth - wherever this shot lands, two diggers dig all the way down to the base of the screen. They're also placed an even distance apart so that the pillar of dirt is just larger than 1 tank width.

Crown of Glory - a spinning crown blasts the enemy tank. 50 points and a huge explosion kick; the main feature is that the crown is indestructable!
                    Last edited by Slade; 03-11-2007, 08:52 PM.

Comment

They're all great for first time . (Str1ker and Slade) .
                      I like Rail Gun and Oil Well the best .

Comment

I'm not an experienced pixel artist but I wanted to try anyways

Comment

More Icons!

Sabre Dance - where this shot lands, 3 golden sabres bolt upwards from the ground; each doing 50 points. The sabres are also spaced out so that it is very hard to get 150 points.

Iceball - this iceball rolls and bounces. Apon contact, it deals 40 points and it flings piles of snow everywhere. As it bounces, it also leaves little piles of snow, just like bouncy ball (but with snow of course).

Epicentre - this shot shifts the land up on one side and shifts the land down on the other side.
                          Last edited by Slade; 03-13-2007, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Both of Slade's are good, and St1ker's are unique.
                            Tricky Revolutionary War

Comment

Nice icons everyone! Most of them are very nice looking, and they're all interesting ideas. I particularly like Epicentre and Railgun.
                              sigpic
                              "Do you know what kind of hat I'm wearing? It's a party hat; you don't get one." - Tycho, Marathon Infinity
                              My Website of Miscellany
                              V.U. Member.

Comment

Working...
                              X