This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapons Suggestions Thread. Started 3/5 ***CLOSED***

Alright, we had quite a fruitful crop last time, and I apologize for the delay in getting this back up.

Let me address a few questions and concerns. There wasn't a feedback from Mike last time, as he's been pretty busy with the expansion pack. He's going to the GDC tomorrow, and he's taking both January's and February's weapons suggestions with him. I don't think he'll need a book.

If you didn't see your suggestion mentioned, there's no need to resubmit it. I keep a record of every weapon submitted, and Mike has access to it. Those lists are part of what become his prototype weapons.

Finally, there isn't really any way to guarantee what Mike will like. That's why I give you feedback, so you guys might see for yourselves what intrigues him and in what way...sometimes he likes a weapon name, sometime an effect, sometimes something small gives him crazy ideas that leads him to scrawl all over the paper.

Anyway...let the games begin once again!

Mike has finally gone over the first batch of weapons suggestions, and here are some results.

Everlast's Super Sonic Blast was noted as having a good weapon effect.

Zwacken's Tank weapon was also mentioned, and Mike says Shield is a bit like the upcoming Deflector, at least in the effect it will have.

Revived's Black Powder was well received, and may be used in an upcoming expansion pack.

Same for Zone101's King of the Hill and Rebound.

Yateslander suggested Kerosene, which may be feasible with the next engine upgrade.

Blue Moon (AKA Demyx) suggested a lot, and Proton will probably show up soon in a pack in some form. Tape Roll and Gun Laser were also cool ideas.

Pocket Change, by Squints, was interesting, and Tazer might appear soon.

Mateusz21 suggested Magnetism, an idea which has been kicked around in various forms, but will require more engine tweaking to work.

The Slade's Furnace was a good idea, and UFO was well received, but Castle was definitely the most intriguing from that set of suggestions.
    Last edited by Brian; 03-15-2007, 02:25 PM. Reason: Added feedback.
    Quid custodit ipsos custodes
    -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Wielder of a +1 Vorpal Sword of Banning.

Yes! I'll post first!

Kazoo - kinda like hot foot. Though once the shot begins to come up, it emits sound waves (damaging).
    Jarrett Frostburge ze 3rde

Originally posted by The Slade
    My mechanical foot says "thanks."

Comment

4 minutes! I opened this thing 4 minutes ago!!!!
      Quid custodit ipsos custodes
      -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Wielder of a +1 Vorpal Sword of Banning.

Comment

Code:
        So, when do we get the results from both previous threads become available?  Anyway, its a new year!  Kinda.
        Party Hats: fires ten triangles (hats) that bounce around a few times and when the hit the tank, turn into a white napalm that does a bit of damage
        Running Dry: fires a bullet that clears a large area of land, then fires a lot of napalm
        Fly Paper: fires three bullets that coat the ground in glue dirt, not the dots that turn ground to glue
        Startegical Placement: teleports your tank right next to the oponents tank for a point blank shot
        Megaflora: like Flower Power, but more devastating and creates piles of green dirt
        Tricky Revolutionary War

Comment

Fluffball - a ball of flakey bits. When the shot hits anything, it bursts sending the pieces of fluff flying in any direction. The main effect is that the shots get stuck in the air on their own.

Comment

Originally posted by The Slade View Post
            Fluffball - a ball of flakey bits. When the shot hits anything, it bursts sending the pieces of fluff flying in any direction. The main effect is that the shots get stuck in the air on their own.
            YOU JUST POSTED! WAIT A BIT, OR EDIT YOUR FIRST POST!:shocked: Well, with that gusto of energy, I feel like a new person with two feet, hair, legs and arms.:shocked:

Spiral Stairs: fires a bullet that creates a steep spiral in the dirt that causes the tank to fall down
            Shock Bomb: fires a bullet that does no damage but sends the other tank flying farther than a sniper would
            Itsy Bitsy Spider: fires a bullet that creates a skinny well where it lands and fires spider bullets down as well as hail
            Literary Device: fires 20 books that act like sprinklers
            Point of Return: flags where the tank is, then the tank warps roght next to the other tank, fires a bullet and warps back before any damage is done
            Tricky Revolutionary War

Comment

Spoon - Fires an shot that when it hits enemy or terrain does 30 damage and creates thin flak on your enemy from all sides (So he's burried in flak) .

Heh, enjoy !

Comment

Sleet Storm - Like a Hail Storm, but after a couple seconds of the hail doing its thing, the hail forms into snow.

Comment

Phaser Shell or "Shooting" Star - Fires a shot that once every second in flight, it shoots a straight beam (similar to Phaser) at the enemy from where the projectile is at that time. Each beam does about 15 damage, and the actual projectile itself will do another 15 damage on impact, however, when the actual shot hits the opposing tank/ground it has no explosion size so it has to be a direct hit for the additional 15 points.

Comment

Line Of Fire
                    When shot, a line of flaming Arrows shoot from your tank, and come down on to the enemy (maybe 6-8 Arrows) They stick in the ground or enemy while burning, and then blow up after about 4 seconds.

Mosquito Swarm
                    A swarm of "Mosquitoes" fly onto the enemy's tank and "suck" the "life" from them (takes some of their points away) Maximum of about 50 points taken.

Rabbit In A Hat
                    A bomb shoots out, and when it hits the enemy it blows up, the explosion would resemble a hat, and then a rabbit looking thing would come out of the explosion and "lay" little eggs that bounce around blowing up.

Comment

Granite
                      Fires a projectile which then produces a block of granite.. this cannot be destroyed, but the terrain underneath and around it can.

Comment

Plasma - 8 lightning bolts (like those of lightning rod) bolt down from the sky (in a sparse range) one after another. Each shot of plasma gives 30 points and a small explosion kick and size.

Plinth - a very tall version of pedestal. Also indestructable sides meaning that you can only destroy it if your barrel is inside the wall.
                        Last edited by Slade; 03-06-2007, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Dragon Rocket: Like Turn & Burn but a flamethrower comes out instead of a huge explosion.

Mortar: Fires a shot that when it hits the ground a small pipe comes up that fires 4 shot in diagonal angle that do 25 damage each with high explosion kick so they all may not hit.

Helicopter: Your tank sprouts a helicopter spinner and you float into the air until you are hit then you fall, like pedestal but without the pedestal.

Great Sword: Creates a big sword that stands in front of your tank if another tank ever gets within it's range it will fall and deal 35 damage. Or wherever the bullet lands the sword appears and falls forwards that would be good too.

System Shock: Fires multiple power grids that only deal 4 damage a zap and leave behind little squares where they zapped from.

I've always needed a bigger pedestal it is one of the best weapons I use it a lot.
                          Last edited by Brimstone; 03-06-2007, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Hey Brimstone, Claymore is already a weapon... just so you know.

Giga Kick - a shot that gives an explosion kick 2 times the strength of a sniper, and it does 50 points.

Igloo - fires a mound of snow-dirt at your opponent. Does 20 damage.

Cap Gun - all you hear is a loud *PANG*, then a medium explosion kick. This shot is an instant hit shot but it only deals 40 points.
                            Last edited by Slade; 03-06-2007, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Darn, your right oh well I'll change it to Great Sword.

Comment

Working...
                              X