This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapon Suggestion Thread: July 2015

Welcome to the Pocket Tanks Weapon Suggestion Thread!
    (aka: WST)

If you would like to help with brainstorming weapon ideas for Pocket Tanks, then this is the place for you. Feel free to post your ideas, and I'll compile the list and use them to inspire future weapon packs.

Here's the basic rules for posting weapon ideas, as described in previous weapon suggestion threads:

DO:
    -Weapon name in bold.
    -Follow weapon name with a space, colon, semicolon, or dash.
    -Weapon description in regular type.
    -Separate weapon suggestions from one another. (Extra line, etc)
    -Post icons or pictures if you choose. Icon should precede the description, any pictures should follow it.
    -Offer suggestions or critique (constructively) other poster's weapons.

DON'T:
    -Use colored text in the name or description.
    -Complain if a weapon is similar to a previous weapon.
    -Mess around with Slim.
    Quid custodit ipsos custodes
    -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Wielder of a +1 Vorpal Sword of Banning.

Re: Weapon Suggestion Thread: July 2015

Whoa! A post by Brian. uh....

Base cannon: Shoots a thing. But when it lands it creates a series of buildings and stuff. Because its a BASE cannon. Get it? It builds a base.

Salad Bowl: Fires a thing that drops bits of green, red, and orange stuff. When it lands it creates a bowl that spawns lots of green bits shaped vaguely like lettuce leaves from a salad, and red balls that are tomatoes. (The orange is carrot or something)

Volume slider: Shoots a thing. When it lands it create a volume slider that rises up an amount based on how long it traveled in the air. The higher it rises the more damage it will do. when it falls it explodes, and the size of the explosion is based n the damage. As it is rising a noise gets louder the higher it goes, and then gets quieter as it falls until it fades to nothing right before it hits.

Pop-It: The tiny little white things you throw on the ground that snap with a tiny little flash on the 4th of july when you're 6 because they're too small to actually light anything on fire. Anyway, You shoot this tiny little thing, and when it hits it flashes a tiny little flash and then does like 10 damage. Then, because as every kid did if they got the chance, you shoot out about 6 more shotgun style that land around the same general area for slightly more damage. (like 15 damage maybe)

Avocado: You shoot an avocado, which splats dealing damage and flinging bits of green dirt debris. The the pit which is at the point of impact, grows to about the size of the tank, and becomes dirt.

Penny roll: A roll of 50 pennies wrapped in that brown paper they come in. You shoot that thing. It explodes into a bunch of coins (kind of like the pot of gold or whatever it was called that dropped coins) that deal damage and bounce a little.

Well, I hope I'm not the only one to post stuff in here. Fair warning Blitwise, its going to take a few weeks for the old members to even return to the site and notice this is here. It took me 12 days. If you want people to come back they have to know why. Send out an email or something, I don't know. You need to get their attention.
    sigpic•
    "Never put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after" -Mark Twain

Comment

Drain gun: automatic gun (like Tommy gun or Paintball gun), where Each of the 10 issued bullets in contact with the opponent is subtracted 10 points and gives you 5 points! Example 1: you enemy by five bullets, he lost 50 points (5x10), and you get 25 points (5x5). Example 2: you hit enemy by all 10 bullets, he subtracted 100 points (10x10), and you get 50 points (10x5).

Jelly: revolution new surface - green dirt (like a Dirtball or any another dirt weapon form) or green coating (like glue or bouncy dirt). Any projectile hitting Jelly is not activated and does not explode, but just stuck. There's a shell will rest until until it touches the blast of any other weapon or until it touches the tank.
      Last edited by VoLAN; 07-15-2015, 02:01 AM.
      VETERANS UNITED MEMBER!!! Excuse me for my English, I'm from Russia. Playing PT since 2001!

Comment

Hot Air Balloon
        Attached Files

Comment

I like the idea of a shield that prevents a weapon from exploding but just gets stuck instead.
          something would need to break through it, what would that be and could you shoot through it yourself?

Comment

Shields have been suggested many times. I believe they are planning them for Scorched Tanks 2, (whenever that eventually happens) but it doesn't seem like they will ever be introduced to Pocket Tanks.
            sigpic•
            "Never put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after" -Mark Twain

Comment

Clone:
              The shooter is cloned to 3 different close locations. His true location or identity is randomly assigned. All 3 clones fire
              at once and hit the same target at the same time, but only the actual players shot counts. Once his true self is hit then the clones disappear.

Comment

Explosive Ice: Throws 5 ice cubes that that chills the surrounding area then explodes

Prometheus Strike: Drops a bomb from space, creating a large field of that spreads to nearby surfaces

Calcium Oxide: Throws a bag of calcium oxide dirt that scatters on the ground, then a splash of water soaks the dirt causing the dirt to heat up dealing damage and creates caustic smoke

Onager: A salvo of balls is hurled in the air, on impact they explode into fragments and starts small fires

Photon Cube: Similar to Quantum Cube except in red color and projectiles that spawn will go sideways rather than homing in on tanks
                Last edited by QuakeMan8782; 07-25-2015, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Sweet! Make the clone weapon for sure.
                  And how about a vortex weapon. Vortex's rock!
                  Vortex
                  Opens a portal and transports you to another area on the screen. You can escape from being buried. And it's a swirling vortex!

Comment

I like IT
                    would look cool as a swirling beautiful colorful vortex or scary black and purple death inspiring vortex!

Comment

And the vortex doesn't disappear after the shot. It remains for the rest of the game. That way you can use it again and a strategy could be shooting through it to hit the other guy.

Comment

Few ideas I've been thinking would be cool. Similar to other suggestions.

Vampire: (or leech) shoots a sharp tooth looking thing requiring a direct hit, then transfers points from your enemy to you. Could actually call this all kinds of things. Bank Heist, Hacker, Thief.

Power Line: when struck launches enemy into air and builds a T-shaped power pole under, which they land on (similar to Tesla Coil or Plasma Ball). The trail from the shot stays visible then your tank launches a power surge down the "power line" to shock the opponent. Maybe the power line dissolves behind the surge?

Cloaking Device: Makes your tank invisible, only showing up when buried, burnt, or painted.

Wormhole or Portal: When hit with this, you're sucked into a portal which opens up, similar to Gravity Well or Warp Gate, that sucks the tank in. Portal then closes and another opens up at a random location on the screen, could be in the air, could be underground, totally random. This would be a no point weapon, so it would be a way to get out of a bad situation if used on yourself,(or end up in a worse situation).

Comment

The Hot Dog (my son's creation)
                          After a direct hit a small brown dirt pile on each side is created with about a 80 point Red Fire in the center. For a brief few moments it looks like a hot dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Werkboy View Post
                            After a direct hit a small brown dirt pile on each side is created with about a 80 point Red Fire in the center. For a brief few moments it looks like a hot dog.
                            HAHA! I actually really like this one!

Comment

Originally posted by Werkboy View Post
                              That is a good one!
                              But let's add some ketchup and mustard. Cause who likes a hot dog without the extras

Comment

Working...
                              X