---> logical reasoning of the CPU <---

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ---> logical reasoning of the CPU <---

The 10 level of the CPU isn't easy. I think more CPU's levels aren't necessary. One thing is more important (in my opinion): LOGICAL REASONING
    1. The computer shouldn't choose weapons like the Cheap Shot, the Tracer etc. at the beginning. CPU is CPU - "10 level" always hits our tank, "1 level" rarely, but a.m. weapons don't change anything!
    2. The computer shouldn't choose weapons like the Lemon, the Glue Storm etc. at the beginning. It should know that these weapons are good for nothing!
    3. When we choose the Mud Pie, the Rainbow Dirt etc. IN THE WEAPON SHOP the computer SHOULD immediately choose "cleaning" weapon like the Digger, the Earth Mover etc.
    Additionally: They are 1 "dirting" weapon and 2 "cleaning" weapons in the weapon shop. We choose this "dirting" weapon. Then computer doesn't have to choose "cleaning" weapon immediately but it may wait until we choose one of the "cleaning" weapons.
    4. In game (and even in the weapon shop!!!): Computer should think about strategy. When it uses (or chooses in the weapon shop) e.g. the Funnel it should use (or choose in the weapon shop) good weapon for bouncy hole in the next turn (e.g. the Sprinkler).
    5 When the computer has weapons good in use at small distance like the Tommy Gun, the X-Ray Cannon it should think about weapons which help it to land near our tank (e.g. the Jump Sets, the Turn and Burn).

Please, join to the discussion about the logical reasoning.
    Last edited by Adder_Poland; 08-16-2008, 04:37 PM.
    sigpic ← hand made

I agree with you. Back in 1.0b and below, the CPU didn't have an auto-aim feature that had it always hit. It's annoying because the tank gets a spot-on angle every time.

However, four and five would be very hard to implement, as the game doesn't have a built in list of weapons, or knowledge of strategies.

One thing I'd want to see is that if the CPU has a line of sight weapon, but has no possible way of hitting you due to a large wall in the middle of the field, it shouldn't move then fire the weapon up at the sky and waste it, it should predict that it can't hit even if it doesn't move, then change to a weapon it can use.
    Tricky Revolutionary War

Comment

Originally posted by blue_moon View Post
      One thing I'd want to see is that if the CPU has a line of sight weapon, but has no possible way of hitting you due to a large wall in the middle of the field, it shouldn't move then fire the weapon up at the sky and waste it, it should predict that it can't hit even if it doesn't move, then change to a weapon it can use.
      Indeed.

One more thing I'd like to see is the CPU aiming non-direct weapons properly.
      For example, the CPU-10 will still land things like Sonic Blast, Power Grid, etc, directly on you.
      I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
      > sigpic >
      ~Get your disputes solved by a real rules lawyer. Ask the red mage.

LOLWUT, YOUR OUT OF SYNC. GG ~Rex Nex

Comment

Burnt Popcorn, Phase Missile, Fuzz Ball, etc.

I completely agree with Adder. It would be a CPU-11.
        Observe closely. This unappealing, waterless ball of dust is the planet Arrakis. But make no mistake: a handful of that dust is worth your life a hundred times over.
        Now, your training begins.

sigpic

Comment

if you are in dirt he should use lava cannon or ground shocker instead of popcorn.
          MEMBER OF THE V.U.
          AND HE'S BACK!

Comment

The AI for the CPU is crappy; it fires all weapons sequentially aiming straight at you. This is why CPU-1 is a more formidable opponent than CPU-10.

Comment

And when we are in a funnel he should use some funnel combos.
              ...still existing

Comment

Originally posted by Val81 View Post

11, eh?
                > sigpic >

Comment

Here's my ideas:
                  > info in the weapon packs on how the CPU should use the weapons
                  > (if LoS can't hit) see if LoS weapon can hit before moving, move if it can, change weapon to a non-LoS if it can't.
                  > have strategy packs released with weapons (has combos that can be used with weapons)
                  Tricky Revolutionary War

Comment

Maybe a CPU that can learn, like in some games, the computer can tell when the player is doing or making to much of something, and then makes the counter to it.
                    Math Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
                    Reading Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
                    Computer Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Comment

Like in Mortal Kombat when you use one move repeatedly, it will learn and counter you.
                      That works.

So many ways to do this...
                      > sigpic >

Comment

Originally posted by Val81 View Post
                        Burnt Popcorn, Phase Missile, Fuzz Ball, etc.

Yes.

6. SOME KINDS OF WEAPON:

The computer shouldn't hits our tank when it's using the Burnt Popcorn, the Phase Missile, the Fuzz Ball, the Popcorn, the Hotfoot (!) etc.

The computer should add about 3 to its power when it's using the Thor's Hammer - then hits our tank both lightning strikes and the missile (50+40=90).

The computer shouldn't hits under the barrel of our tank when it's using the Acid Rain, the Fission Bomb, etc. (reason: no effect or small effect) but should hits under the barrel of our tank when it's using the Fireworks, the Volcano, etc. (reason: better effect).

The computer should use the Mega Reaction, the Fire in the Hole, the Chain Reaction, the Gravity Well, etc. when our tank is on the bottom of the screen (reason: better effect).

Something else, guys?
                        sigpic ← hand made

Comment

One more thing I don't like is that even if the tank uses a Lucky Shot when under dirt, it fires at like 1 power and blows itself up anyway.

And if it uses something like Stinger or Potholes, it drives itself into the ground in this sharp, deep hole because it uses only like 1 power.
                          sigpic

Comment

The CPU is not very smart... it's more of a brute force solution. It is however a lot smarter than it was in the beginning, since now it can fire LOS weapons and move a bit before firing. It would be nice to build a bit more knowledge of weapon tactics into the AI and even work towards combos.

Gosh, you could assign a team of folks to making the AI smarter. A lot of fun could be had in making a brilliant AI for Pocket Tanks.
                            -Mike
                            www.blitwise.com

Comment

I think it is possible to make CPU smarter. In the weapon shop CPU can choice better weapons at first. I think you create a hierarchy of weapon for CPU, Mike. Maybe you could create a similar hierarchy during game. For example CPU fired the Funnel and it knows that it has to fire the Fission Bomb in the next turn. If it doesn't have the Fission Bomb it choices second weapon from hierarchy e.g. the Sprinkler etc. It is good idea to "learn" CPU combos
                              sigpic ← hand made

Comment

Working...
                              X