Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metallian
    replied
    Here's a suggestion for the moderators: can we extend the time before the forum automatically logs a user out? Us long-winded folks keep getting logged out before we can complete our posts.

Leave a comment:

• Metallian
    replied
    Welcome, Baba. Don't mind Alvin. He don't read too goodly and long posts make his head hurt (just kidding). I'm sure the administrators will consider your points. It's nice to see people caring about the game enough to come on here and write write write.

Personally, I would be opposed to rankings because of all the variations in the game. Like, if you had a top ten of 30-weapon players, does that take into account how many weapon packs they have, the quality of their opponents, whether those were quick pick games, etc. I think it would require some tight game parameters for the developers to incorporate into the game structure.

Here's an idea that just struck me big time: We users though have all we need here on the forum to set up our own leagues. I'm pretty into fantasy football, so I'm picturing a setup like that, where we play seasons under a certain set of bylaws that keep the game fair. Like an 8-team league or something, with a schedule or round robin. Hmmmm, I'm liking that idea. If you check out fantasy football forums, they always have a thread called "Looking For Leagues" where people post about what kind of league they are making or want to join. All we'd really need is a game tournament hosting site to keep track of things. I'm going to look into that.

Dude, just buy all the weapon packs, then play with 30 weapons and experience the love, lol. The game would be much richer for you. Many of your points seem to be based on playing random or (sorry to say) low quality opponents. But even if there are no "leagues" (yet) you can build a group of quality opponents from the forum, in which you all can agree on game rules and keep things fair.

I would say this though if you're looking for forum opponents: if you don't like to be buried, good luck. Thirty-weapon games played by forum members tend to be HEAVY on such tactics. See my other posts on this issue. But I've actually been wondering if anyone would like to play stacked games (30 weapons) with an agreed upon number of burying weapons, say no more than 1 or 2. That could be pretty fun. Call it the Open Air Pocket Tanks League, lol. We can play some games like that if you want. PM me and we can clarify what "buried" means.
    Last edited by Metallian; 04-01-2016, 01:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BabaOriley
    replied
    MrAlvin,

There's no reason to assume online stats and leaderboards would cause any negativity. What it would do is provide a chance for players to set goals and have a more competitive experience. I didn't suggest live chat.

The reason for my "Even Weapons" suggestion came for several reasons.
    1. I find with the Deluxe Pack, I already win 9/10 games by 200+ points, if they reaxh the end. Most players forfeit if they geg behind more than 300 points. Many forfeit if you even use the Superstar. Why would I want to purchase even better weapons, to win by even more points, or have even more opponents forfeit by round 4?

I can tell by the weapons people use that many don't underatand you can select 30 of your favorite weapons to draw from. I'm pretty sure very few using the "single shot" included it in their favorite 30.

2. I could still have great fun in this game with the basic weapons pack if I could play opponents that had the same weapons to choose from. Do you think there's a lot of players in here who enjoy losing by 800 points every game because they have inferior weapons? I know there's many who enjiy dishing out a beating, even if it's a totally unfair match. Not I.
    I'm guessing you have all packs MrAlvin?

Wouldn't you enjoy winning more knowing your skills had more to do with it than having 7 or 8 weapons that score 200+ points each, or because you have weapons that score 100+ or more while simultaneously burying your opponent?

This is such a perfect strategy game until it becomes unfair. If you have fun winning over and over relying on weapons superiority rather than strategy and skill, that js your choice. It is my choice to forfeit. Maybe you enjoy that the same as fair competition? I don't.

Leave a comment:

• MrAlvin
    replied
    That's quite a bit to read Baba!
    I needed to breath deeply several times! Lol

Illicit names and profanity have no place here. Leader boards and ranks is not a good idea. Then we'd have the already Rude braggers Crowing Over even more. Just imagine, The Inappropriate displays and Rudeness!!
    O Brother...

Regarding, your style...
    Quite a unique perspective. You have many Overly Strong Views.
    Not buying more than just the Deluxe Pack!? And complaining about others?
    Hmm....
    I'll tell you what, Buy the Packs, Support the Game, give a little Praise to the Developers and Then post a complaint.
    Hope I helped without any of that Rudeness.

NB
    Best reason to buy the packs, Support those that make you have F. U. N.

The changes you have all made here developers are excellent!
    Keep your heads up from any negativity.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Hi BabaOriley,

First off, I would like to welcome you to the forums (I've never seen you here before, so pardon me if you're not new to this place). I really like your suggestions, you obviously polished them before presenting them to us, because they are quality ideas/concerns.

We are taking major steps in multi-play and online interactions in 2016. One of the possibilities that may (and very likely will) be opened up, is the opportunity to ban illicit usernames in our games. This is a concern that concerns all of us here at BlitWise deeply, as we believe all of our games should be accessible to as many people possible, all while preserving our fundamental conservative vows.

As for your other two ideas of which I like very much, I can't fully reply to those due to our confidentiality policies, but will assure you that the rest of the team will look over your suggestions and may use them in a future release (who knows?).

Cheers!
    John

Leave a comment:

• BabaOriley
    replied
    Wow I guess this board doesn't handle a double space between sentences well. Sorry about that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X