No announcement yet.

Scorched Tanks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. I thought last time...YEEEAAAARS ago when I posted about Scorched Tanks on this forum that I was some kind of heretic for even bringing it up after playing Pocket Tanks.

Do it Michael...my nostalgia calls upon it to happen. Pile Driver and Crimson Flood...do it...

Comment

Jesus...a blast from the past. The moment I saw your name, I did a double take. Anyway, freker...look at the scorched tanks mainframe link in my sig. You are no heretic, trust me.
      sigpic
      Up, Down, and All Around.

Comment

o.O

4-year post gap ftw?

I commented a long ways back on how awesome your avi is. I would like the backstory behind that if you have the time. :rolleyes:
        I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
        > sigpic >
        ~Get your disputes solved by a real rules lawyer. Ask the red mage.

LOLWUT, YOUR OUT OF SYNC. GG ~Rex Nex

Comment

Nice boing ball avatar.

Scorched Tanks... I can't wait to dig into that project. I'm just getting a few things off the back burner before diving headlong into what will most likely be the next Scorched Tanks.

Not exactly sure what I'll call it yet... so far it's codenamed Pocket Tanks 2.0.
          -Mike
          www.blitwise.com

Comment

Scorched Tanks

You should keep the name Scorched Tanks or something close because many people would know what to expect from your Amiga versions.

Perhaps just add an adjective or something like 'Scorch Them Tanks'.

Comment

I second part one of the above.
              > sigpic >

Comment

Searing Tanks!

Comment

Concerning the name, there are most likely more people who knows about Pocket Tanks than Scorched Tanks, so it might attract some more players at least at first if it was named Pocket Tanks 2. But Pocket Tanks was once unknown, so I guess Scorched Tanks could become well known too. Depends on if you want a bang start and get more sales at the beginning or create a new (well, old, but more or less forgotten) brand that gradually attract more and more players...

Comment

If it resembles ST more than PT it should be named with ST in mind. It doesn't matter which is more widely known.
                    That'd be like calling Dr. Mario "Tetris 2" because Tetris is more common.
                    Last edited by Samail; 05-01-2010, 04:41 PM.
                    > sigpic >

Comment

Any news?

It's been a while, is there anything new on PT2 or ST? :confused:

Comment

I finally broke down and bought a copy of Amiga Forever. It is a good product and Scorched Tanks 1.9 is one of games included.

However, the game is over fifteen years old and was designed to run on a computer with only 512KB of chip RAM per Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorched_Tanks .

From Mike W. release of the original version in 1993 until version 1.9 was released in April 1995 there were ten upgrades. It is time to take advantage of the advancements in computer technology to publish a version for today’s computers with network and internet connections.

I’m certain Mike has some good ideas to implement in a new version and fans can make suggestions in beta version or after product is released.

Scorched Tanks was an award winning game, it has name recognition and many fans anxious for a new enhanced version.
                        Last edited by toledojim; 08-07-2010, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Amiga Forever is my favorite Amiga emulation solution. It's just so simple!
                          (gosh, I should buy stock on Cloanto or something)

Everyday I tell myself I'm going to start Scorched Tanks. The catch is that supporting Pocket Tanks to handheld devices a new and ever unfolding priority. (surprising really, I still see myself as a PC game developer)

Scorched Tanks is on the way. I'm definitely starring it this year, I don't care if I have to veto my existing schedule for the last month of the year and hide in a cabin in the woods for a month to get going on this project. With any luck, I'll start Scorched Tanks around October, and without the need to become a hermit.

As for news... I've realized that the iPhone4 and iPad are blazing fast. This bodes well for my plans of HiDef graphics working well on hand-held devices too.
                          -Mike
                          www.blitwise.com

Comment

Android version anytime?

Comment

Long time no see. (Last post 12-14-2007, 08:53 AM :rolleyes:)

To the question, there are so many other priorities that I don't see that happening.
                              > sigpic >

Comment

Did you locate a cabin with electricity and heat? An Internet connection would be a nice bonus.

Kidding, hope you can 'do your thing' soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X