Scorched Tanks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scorched Tanks

I've heard about Blitwise making a new version of Scorched Tanks, but there hasn't really been any real 'news' about it except that it's being made.

Any news updates coming soon?
    Zwaken's Signature. Enjoy.

Maybe, doubt anytime soon though.
    Math Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
    Reading Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
    Computer Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Comment

I don't doubt it will come anytime soon Well, at least first an alpha/beta/engine (or something) and then final...

Comment

With the speed they are realesing V1.4 in PT, I don't think soo...
        sigpic

Comment

I want to make Scorched Tanks soon, but to be honest I'm being torn in 4 separate directions.

What I want to do:
          Make a high definition version of Scorched Tanks using our new hardware accelerated engine. (support 1920x1200 resolution)

What I said I'd do:
          Release Pocket Tanks v1.4 with the automatic updater and get going on the online support (back burner)

What I am determined to do soon:
          Release two new expansion packs for Pocket Tanks in April (250 weapons woohoo!)

What my main project is now: (since August)
          Pocket Tanks for the iPhone

I've been working on a DirectX7/OpenGL version of the Blitwise engine since December of 2007... just for fun. When summer rolled around, I saw an amazing opportunity to take that engine and use it to program on the brand-new iPhone platform. I was unsure if Pocket Tanks could possibly be ported to the iPhone, so I've stayed pretty quiet about it. With Ben and I working on it for the past 6+ months, we finally have solved all the technical hurdles and it runs amazingly.

Soon it will be time for me to announce it officially, and I'll need help with spreading the word to all our iPhone and iPod Touch friends. If we manage to sell a few, then I'd say that it's high time to make a whole new artillery game engine with hardware support and online play built-in.

It's been an interesting few months. Thanks for putting up with all the quiet. We've been quite busy.
          -Mike
          www.blitwise.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike W. View Post

What I want to do:
            Make a high definition version of Scorched Tanks using our new hardware accelerated engine. (support 1920x1200 resolution)
            IDEA: why not make 'scorched tanks' actually just an advanced version of Pocket Tanks that is available for $20, and if you have deluxe, you can verify your ownership of the deluxe and buy it for $5. so it's an update/new(platinum version, mabey?) version, but you're not making a new game out of it. all weapons will work with either deluxe or 'platinum', however, platinum will have superior graphics + options.
            sigpic
            Up, Down, and All Around.

Comment

Originally posted by ekoz View Post
              IDEA: why not make 'scorched tanks' actually just an advanced version of Pocket Tanks that is available for $20, and if you have deluxe, you can verify your ownership of the deluxe and buy it for $5. so it's an update/new(platinum version, mabey?) version, but you're not making a new game out of it. all weapons will work with either deluxe or 'platinum', however, platinum will have superior graphics + options.
              Pocket Tanks will always be updated and supported, so there is nothing to worry about there.

If Pocket Tanks gets a full update, then it will be a free update. If I opt for Scorched Tanks or an official Pocket Tanks sequel, then we'll be thinking about upgrade paths for current Deluxe owners.

One way or the other, we'd like to put this new engine to work.
              -Mike
              www.blitwise.com

Comment

That's good to hear!(or see) I've always loved the more traditional Scorched earth/Tank wars style blow up the enemy types... And the Amiga Scorched Tanks is still alot of fun...
                "The Spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised."
                -- Zapp Brannigan, Captain

Comment

Hmm...
                  Did uh, did you ever get back to us on the whole Amiga emulator guide?
                  That was such a while ago that I can't even remember where it was...

And yes indeed. Good to hear.
                  I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
                  > sigpic >
                  ~Get your disputes solved by a real rules lawyer. Ask the red mage.

LOLWUT, YOUR OUT OF SYNC. GG ~Rex Nex

Comment

If you buy Amiga Forever 2008, you'll see the fully registered version of Scorched Tanks v1.90 right in the super-simple game browser. No knowledge of game emulators required.
                    -Mike
                    www.blitwise.com

Comment

If you buy Amiga Forever 2008, you'll see the fully registered version of Scorched Tanks v1.90 right in the super-simple game browser. No knowledge of game emulators required.
                      that's definately the simple way... I use Amiga Forever now... All I really do anymore is start a pre configured WinUAE and mount the Scorched Tanks Disk image... Starts right up, No Problem...

and I forgot about the guide...
                      "The Spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised."
                      -- Zapp Brannigan, Captain

Comment

I'll have to look into that.
                        I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
                        > sigpic >
                        ~Get your disputes solved by a real rules lawyer. Ask the red mage.

LOLWUT, YOUR OUT OF SYNC. GG ~Rex Nex

Comment

Any updates on this ? Been awhile, since iPhone version of PT is out I thought now would be a good time to ask...

Comment

Originally posted by oldskoolgamer View Post
                            Any updates on this ? Been awhile, since iPhone version of PT is out I thought now would be a good time to ask...
                            Visit this: http://forums.blitwise.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=18
                            sigpic

Comment

Pocket Tanks 2.0

Yes! I am thrilled to hear that the project actually is going to be realized!
                              Especially with LAN capability with up to 4 (or more ) players....
                              We love you Mike! :rolleyes:

Comment

Working...
                              X