X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcing - Raptor: Call of the Shadows for the iPhone

Available for iPhone devices in December 2010

Blitwise has been working on porting Raptor: Call of the Shadows to the iPhone for the last year and a half, and we are nearly finished! The game will be released to the App Store in December 2010, so come take a look and see what we've been working so hard on.

Visit the official Raptor iPhone page to see the game trailer and a behind the scenes look at Blitwise and the "iRaptor" project. (and even they got me on camera for an interview)

http://www.blitwise.com/raptor_iphone.html

Enjoy this preview glimpse of the game. The game should be out just in time for Christmas. We'll post a new thread when the game is released with links to the Full and Lite versions in the App Store.

-Mike
    www.blitwise.com

OMFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFreakingG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS EPIC!!! EPIC!!!!!

AND WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE AN iPhone APP I don't have any i thingies

PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME THERE'S SOMEHOW A MIRACLE COULD HAPPEN AND MAKE THIS AVAILABLE ON PC
    sigpic

Comment

Actually, Raptor has a long and glorious history on PC with it's first release in 1994 as a DOS shareware game. Other great games of that time were Doom, Jazzy Jackrabbit, Epic Pinball, etc... and Raptor was right up there at the top with the rest of the popular titles. Later on, Raptor was ported to Windows in 2004 by Mountain King Studios, Inc, and there was a Raptor 2010 release that the folks at DotEmu did and they sell at gog.com. (Good Old Games website)

We are not the first company to update Raptor to a new platform, but Blitwise is the first company to squeeze it into a handheld device and give it a slick touch screen interface that works great on iPhone devices.

Raptor is a fantastic game, and it's an honor to be able to create the first handheld version. And it was a lot of hard work too, but well worth it.
      -Mike
      www.blitwise.com

Comment

LOL!

Love the dramatic re-enactment part

As for the game, eagerly waiting for it.

Comment

lol, you should update the News-bar on the blitwise home page. it isn't up-to-date!

also, i think raptor deserves to have it's own 180x60 titlehead right along with the rest, under Neon Wars. it deserves it for all the time you spent on it ;D
          sigpic
          Up, Down, and All Around.

Comment

Wow!!!

great mike!!!

waiting for its release...

it`ll be fun!!!

Comment

Originally posted by prateek.singla View Post
              LOL!

Love the dramatic re-enactment part

As for the game, eagerly waiting for it.
              Hehe, thanks!
              That's my son Zack. He did a nice job.

Originally posted by ekoz View Post
              lol, you should update the News-bar on the blitwise home page. it isn't up-to-date!

also, i think raptor deserves to have it's own 180x60 titlehead right along with the rest, under Neon Wars. it deserves it for all the time you spent on it ;D
              Oh yes, Raptor iPhone was a lot of work. Right now the blitwise.com website update is still a work in progress. As for equal billing with Pocket Tanks, Neon Wars, etc... the goal of taking on the Raptor project was to simply port it to iPhone and give it the Blitwise polish. I don't really have a plan for doing ports regularly, so we are still sorting out how to present this game. Right now, the small news flash style mention of Raptor on blitwise.com is just something to get the ball rolling. I'll come up with something better today I imagine.

And yes, the News section needs couple of updates really.
              -Mike
              www.blitwise.com

Comment

Here's the trailer

Nate
                www.blitwise.com

Comment

im going to buy this as soon as it comes out. blitwise+iphone=win. maybe i should make a pocket tanks custom theme for people who have winterboard.
                  sigpic

Comment

just got back from school; watched the behind the scenes video and all i can say is...

your barrel mic was poorly placed, mike. i would have laced thru the shirt and clipped on the collar.

dam you, A/V! dam you and your gift of knowledge i now possess!
                    sigpic
                    Up, Down, and All Around.

Comment

Originally posted by ekoz View Post
                      your barrel mic was poorly placed, mike. i would have laced thru the shirt and clipped on the collar.
                      I'm going to have to agree with you there Ekoz. If I was an AV guy, I would have thought of that too.
                      Last edited by Mike W.; 12-18-2010, 02:03 AM.
                      -Mike
                      www.blitwise.com

Comment

any chance of android support???
                        sigpic the triforce is with you strong young skywalker

Comment

Oh, protona is back after his rage-quit.
                          I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
                          > sigpic >
                          ~Get your disputes solved by a real rules lawyer. Ask the red mage.

LOLWUT, YOUR OUT OF SYNC. GG ~Rex Nex

Comment

Originally posted by protona View Post
                            any chance of android support???
                            There's a possibility for Raptor for Android, but we have to get our Android ducks-in-a-row for Pocket Tanks first. (and we are working on PTanks Android behind the scenes here at Blitwise)
                            -Mike
                            www.blitwise.com

Comment

Press Release - for Raptor iPhone

Here's a link to the official press release for Raptor: Call of the Shadows for iPhone devices:

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/12/prweb4922064.htm

And make sure to tell your friends. We could use some help in getting the word out about Raptor.

Cheers!
                              -Mike
                              www.blitwise.com

Comment

Working...
                              X