Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shareware-Paid-expansions-and selling Ideas.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shareware-Paid-expansions-and selling Ideas.

I noticed, when I downloaded the shareware version that it is very small. Also, judging by pocket tanks we will need the Delexe Version to use even the free expansions.
    So I have an idea that will be fair to the people who cannot buy the Delexe version, and that will help get people to buy the delexe version.
    --Let certain select free expansions be applicable to the shareware version.
    ----Here is why;

The shareware version is puny compared to the paid version, so people will have only a fuzzy idea of what the paid version will be like.
    People are not likely to drop 20 dollars on something they are not sure they will like.
    A Few expansions to the shareware will enhance it, and if people fall in love with the shareware they will buy the bigger paid version
    There currently is just too big of a gameplay gap between the shareware and the delexe and I think it would be a good idea to let some expansions work for the Shareware version.

Ideas? Opinions?

You see... I really think that I know what the Full Version will be like.
    The ''By Now'' Screen sais it all. And Im really interestet in the Challenge mode (or like what its called)... But however, in the Times of Jazz Jackrabbit, where you were able to by each episode 1 by 1 - was also very nice.

Comment

I miss Jazz Jackrabbit...
      "The Spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised."
      -- Zapp Brannigan, Captain

Comment

Originally posted by SonicTTH View Post
        You see... I really think that I know what the Full Version will be like.
        The ''By Now'' Screen sais it all. And Im really interestet in the Challenge mode (or like what its called)... But however, in the Times of Jazz Jackrabbit, where you were able to by each episode 1 by 1 - was also very nice.
        Jazz Jack Rabbit? what the heck.

Comment

What the heck? What do you mean? Dont you know it? Or what? xD

Comment

I've heard of it but have no idea what it's like.
            sigpic
            "Do you know what kind of hat I'm wearing? It's a party hat; you don't get one." - Tycho, Marathon Infinity
            My Website of Miscellany
            V.U. Member.

Comment

It's one of the funnest platformers ever...

I still have number 2 on my computer...

Comment

Jazz jackrabbit? Is this some joke?
                Zwaken's Signature. Enjoy.

Comment

Err... no. It's a real game. Check it out, but it's a bit old though, so you might not have heard of it...

Comment

You see how easily this forum can get off subject? Talking about some rabbit. There are nine post here and only 2 talk about the subject. I was kinda trying to ignore how things got off subject but now its just annoying. I could probably blame myself for doing the same though. But back to the subject I think that at least one expansion should be available to the shareware version to people can get a taste of the real thing before they decide if they like it. I would be nice to have a demo of the full game, like most other games have...
                    Math Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
                    Reading Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
                    Computer Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Comment

Originally posted by Zwaken123 View Post
                      Jazz jackrabbit? Is this some joke?

Think of Sonic the Hedgehog with Guns... If I remember correctly...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jazz_Ja...(computer_game)
                      "The Spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised."
                      -- Zapp Brannigan, Captain

Comment

I could let Mike handle this one, but he's probably pretty busy, so I'll give my thoughts on his thinking, and the whole idea of shareware.

The shareware version exists so that you'll buy the Deluxe version. Now, there are a certain number (a rather large number) of people who either cannot or never will be willing to buy the Deluxe version. And that's fine. We welcome them to play the shareware version, and hope they enjoy it. However, I think you'll probably get a pretty good idea of whether or not you will like the full version from the shareware. Either you like the one on one artillery style or not. The 30 weapons put in the shareware version are put there precisely to allow the player to figure out the style, get a feel for the gameplay, and figure out if it's something he wants to pay $16 for. The free expansion packs are just one more reason to pay that money. The customer knows that, he's not only getting 30 weapons from the shareware, and another 30 for buying the Deluxe, but (at the moment) 30 more, without paying another cent, with the promise of more free weapons to come. To say nothing of the ability to BUY more weapons, if he decides it is worth his money.

From our perspective, of course, there is little incentive to support weapons packs, even a limited number, for the shareware version. While we love all our fans, and appreciate their enthusiasm, it is those fans who purchase Deluxe, and especially those who loyally put down money for the expansion packs, that allow us to continue to support the game, and to take the financial risk of putting out a new game in an uncertain market.

I hope that helps clear up the way we do things, and why.
                        Quid custodit ipsos custodes
                        -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Wielder of a +1 Vorpal Sword of Banning.

Comment

some rabbit.
                          Jazz Jackrabbit was the Jump n Run game of the Year 1994.
                          So watch out what ya say! xD

Comment

JJ2 was better

Comment

Yay partial because of its much ways to edit it.
                              But there havent been animations after each episode and it isnt retro anymore xD

Comment

Working...
                              X