New Game Delay *Updated 10-20*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Game Delay *Updated 10-20*

Welcome back to another exciting edition of "When are you guys going to release that (blank)?" As some of you may know, it was said that the new game, as well as the update to Pocket Tanks Deluxe, would likely be released today, September 15th. That is not the case anymore. Due to many delays and many, many projects being worked on, the release of the new game has been reschedualed for a week from today, September 22nd. I hope you are all still chewing on our expansion packs, and don't mind the extra week. We want to make sure everything is as near to perfect as possible before we release. Trust me, the wait is worth it. The Pocket Tanks Deluxe update will be released early next month.

Several of you have asked me for information about the new game. We're still not telling you the name, but we have some other info for you. As Mike already leaked, this is going to be an arcade style game. It is very intuitive, and features many different difficulty levels, meaning that both casual gamers and dedicated, long time gamers will have something to look forward to. The new game will feature 100% mouse controlled gameplay. It's very smooth, very cool, very much like the old arcade games with the roller ball control. There are seven zones, based on color, with different kinds of enemies in each zone. In the Deluxe version, there's also a level play mode, with 60 levels to fight through, including numerous bonus levels that I think will challenge even the best of gamers. After you play this game, you will be yelling along with me "I love Sparklies!" No, I'm not on drugs. Finally, the first letter of the name is the same as the first letter in the famous family motto from "The Cask of Amontillado". Riddle time!

All right boys and girls...the game isn't out yet, but here's some little pics from the game...very little...still trying to preserve our secrets. But I didn't want to leave you all with nothing.

Another update!

Hi all! See Mike W's (I know! He actually posted...isn't that a nigh Apocalyptic event?) post on the matter here.

Note the language...no promises for today, but very soon.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian; 10-20-2006, 01:15 PM. Reason: Adding new pics.
    Quid custodit ipsos custodes
    -Juventus

My Administrative motto

Wielder of a +1 Vorpal Sword of Banning.

What game is coming out?

Comment

Mmm, this sounds good! I don't mind having to wait though, just take your time on it.

Comment

Originally posted by John Brooks View Post
        What game is coming out?
        The new one.

Thanks Brian for the info. I trust that it will be worth the wait.

[EDIT]
        Brian, I'm surprised that this thread isn't on the Announcements board. What exactly is going to go there?
        [/EDIT]
        Last edited by Was It Me?; 09-15-2006, 05:45 PM.

Comment

new pt is next month AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW T_T

Comment

Originally posted by zetablack View Post
            new pt is next month AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW T_T
            Don't fret, there is always hope.

Comment

like super coffe night and its done in the night!?

Comment

Originally posted by Neko244 View Post
                Don't fret, there is always hope.
                Yep. Since the new game and the pocket tanks update will be out later, doesn't that mean that they are working on it more? Which bassically means, it may turn out to be a better game/pocket tanks update. By the way, has anyone figured out the riddle? I'm kind of confused what it asks.:confused:
                Zwaken's Signature. Enjoy.

Comment

What riddle dude?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                    Finally, the first letter of the name is the same as the first letter in the famous family motto from "The Cask of Amontillado". Riddle time!
                    That's what I mean. It's at the end of Brian's post.

Comment

Instead of doing a lot of research, I will just wait about a week+.

Comment

And I mean for the riddle.(sorry, to late to edit!)

Comment

Its ok and i am completely stomped

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                            Finally, the first letter of the name is the same as the first letter in the famous family motto from "The Cask of Amontillado". Riddle time!
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cask_of_Amontillado
                            "Montresor family motto (Nemo me impune lacessit — Latin for "No one assails me with impunity")"

Ummm.... N???
                            Just tell me this isn't going to be a Game similar to Lode Runner that stars a Ninja that dies if he doesn't get enough gold?
                            http://www.harveycartel.org/metanet/n.html
                            "The Spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised."
                            -- Zapp Brannigan, Captain

Comment

Originally posted by biggman15 View Post
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cask_of_Amontillado
                              "Montresor family motto (Nemo me impune lacessit Latin for "No one assails me with impunity")"

Ummm.... N???
                              Just tell me this isn't going to be a Game similar to Lode Runner that stars a Ninja that dies if he doesn't get enough gold?
                              http://www.harveycartel.org/metanet/n.html
                              No... I think that it's actually going to be the whole first word: Nemo. It's going to be about a little orange fish that gets lost in space.

For some literal people's sake: just kidding. :rolleyes:

Comment

Working...
                              X