Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additions to NeonWars or NWII

Hum...Interesting.
    You can not delete a post if it was a thread starter. Seems the first post is intrinsically embedded into the thread as a whole.

You also can not delete posts in closed threads, as the edit function is disabled. Obviously to prevent those who would edit an existing post to say more on a thread that does not allow new posts.

Its also interesting that as you delete your old posts, your posting count drops. So it is, that what is counted is posts in existence, not posts completed.

So be it then, I will be the "New Blitter Eternal"

In Oriental lore, a warrior in training would start as a white belt, once a warrior reached the rank of black belt in his studies, he would then wear it always as he continued to train. As the years went by, the black would fade, to gray, and eventually all the way back to the color of white.
    So from white to white, the cycle would be completed, and he would truly be known as a great grand master.
    Last edited by MeVII; 07-27-2008, 03:57 AM. Reason: Deletion Attempt

Who here has played "Platapus" Its a side scroller arcade style game. Anyways... Point Being you can play with up to 3 (or is it 4) people at a time in the new version PII.
    I have seen and played Platypus. PII, if like Wii, sounds funny.
    Anyway, I am sure this has been said before. Not as a topic starter, but as a post. Not much thought. Its an ok idea, but it would need an internet connection because most families have only one mouse, sharing a mosue is hard.
    Tricky Revolutionary War

Comment

he meant roman numerals
      Magic Wall- a wall that's magic
      Fireworks- fire that works

Comment

yeah we know. Maybe one person could use the arrow keys, but that wouldn't be the same.
        ~Don't get too cocky...I mean this is THE DJ diskant, and he drinks bears. -Brian
        ~People who spit at other people should be picked up off the ground by their tongue with a pair of pliers. -Samail
        ~ZOMg OHTeH NoeZ/ MEZs SpaTUlerZ is 0N teH! FRITz! -Nex

Comment

Yeah, the arrow keys don't have variable speeds. Perhaps over a network.
          Tricky Revolutionary War

Comment

I don't think that would be too great...there are a lot of games that online play would be great for but NWII isn't one of them, I don't think.
            ~Don't get too cocky...I mean this is THE DJ diskant, and he drinks bears. -Brian
            ~People who spit at other people should be picked up off the ground by their tongue with a pair of pliers. -Samail
            ~ZOMg OHTeH NoeZ/ MEZs SpaTUlerZ is 0N teH! FRITz! -Nex

Comment

In some computers, like the macs, you can use/ hook-up two mice at the same time. If there was a way to code both players' seperate mice info for controlling the game, that could be a possibility. But I don't know if that's even possible.
              Jarrett Frostburge ze 3rde

Originally posted by The Slade
              My mechanical foot says "thanks."

Comment

if they added tougher enemies, maybe bosses, it COULD become potentially online.
                Magic Wall- a wall that's magic
                Fireworks- fire that works

Comment

Mouse Party

Reflexive has a programming API called Mouse Party that allows for a game to make use of any number of mice plugged into the same computer. (used in Ricochet Infinity)

Cool eh?

I have ideas for an action game that would be playable over a LAN or using something like Mouse Party. The funny thing is, I designed this game to have a LAN Lobby and use bricks like in what is now Super DX-Ball.

It ended up being such a HUGE project, that I simply split it into two projects:

1) The LAN lobby desing and code became -> LAN Game support for Pocket Tanks

2) The brick rendering became -> Super DX-Ball

Needless to say, it's taken me a long time to really flesh out those original ideas and turn them into something tangible.

Gosh, now I have everything I need to make that game in a snap!
                  Last edited by Mike W.; 09-19-2007, 05:49 PM.
                  -Mike
                  www.blitwise.com

Comment

lol to mike's post and btw in PII u can use 3 players i played it recently and the idea of havin 1 or more ppl at once is a great idea some one would just need to either have a thign that aloows several mouse connections all being converted into one socket on the PC, or just use LAN or internet
                    In the end, there is only Pocket Tanks and C&C :cool:

if you would like to play me in PT my xfire is genx589x OR you could PM me here and ill get back to you asap

Comment

must have a lot of games and I love playing online games.

Comment

Working...
                      X