Next Generation Portable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Generation Portable

Is anyone planning on buying the PSP2? Does anyone own a current PSP?

Allow me to quote myself from a previous topic:

Originally posted by Leaf_It
    Not yet released in America.
    Sony has Codenamed it "NGP" currently, but It is said that when they fully release it in America they will call it the PSP2 however Sony has not said this is true yet.

SPECS:
    CPU: ARM Cortex A9 Quad-core Processor
    GPU: SGX543MP4+ (the 4 on the end indicates 4 cores, but the + hints at the possibility of more)
    Dimensions: approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm
    Screen: 5 inches (16:9), 960 x 544 resolution(Equal to that of the Iphone 4), approximately 16 million colors, OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diodes)
    Cameras: Front camera, Rear camera
    Sound: Built-in stereo speakers, Built-in microphone
    Sensors: Six-axis motion sensing system, Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Electronic compass, Built-in GPS, Touch Screen, Touch pad (located on back of the device. Same dementions as front touch screen)
    Buttons: Up, Down, Left, Right, X, O, Square, Triangle, L, R, Dual analog joy sticks, Start, Select, +/- volume.
    Wireless communications: Mobile network connectivity (3G) IEEE 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR (A2DP/AVRCP/HSP)

Citation:
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/27/the-sony-psp2/
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6287063.html
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhtsqD85Fzk
    Now allow me to post this video:

sigpic•
    "Never put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after" -Mark Twain

Comment

I currently have no interest in the NGP, but I am hoping to get my hands on an Xperia Play (Playstation Phone) in the not-too-ridiculously-distant-future.
      Last edited by Samail; 12-17-2011, 05:14 AM. Reason: "have", not "haven"...
      I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
      > sigpic >
      ~Get your disputes solved by a real rules lawyer. Ask the red mage.

LOLWUT, YOUR OUT OF SYNC. GG ~Rex Nex

Comment

The Xperia Play is actually kind of disappointing to me. The NGP has waaay more power, a better screen, actual joysticks, and 2 touch screens. The Xperia will not be able to play NGP games either, it has its own little line of games that are mostly just PSX remakes, and a few exclusives. The NGP can run SP3 games, in-fact they ran one on it in one of there demos for it. The Xperia play can be an Andriod with some PSX games and not much more. Being an Andriod playstation hybrid is good, but in light of the NGP I expected more.
        sigpic•
        "Never put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after" -Mark Twain

Comment

The Xperia Play and NGP are completely different things; it depends on what you want in your handheld, and I wasn't saying the Play is flat-out better than the NGP.
          I'm on the market for a new phone, and I like the idea of a smart phone with physical controls that can play anything *.

> sigpic >

Comment

it seems Mojang likes the Xperia play.

I actually found out about this a few days ago but only just got around to posting it.
            sigpic•

Comment

2004: The DS has a ****ing touch screen. It's nothing more than a gimmick. All it does is take attention away from regular games and forces developers to use it, which will result in ****ty games. Watch all DS games be touch screen-based and it will flop.

2011: The NGP/PSP2 touch screen will offer developers ways to be more creative and try new game ideas out. We'll see awesome new games with awesome controls and who knows what else! This is the future! This is the year Sony takes back the portable market (that they never had the lead of in the first place)!

Comment

1. The very first implementation of any technology on a particular type of device is never going to tap into the full potential. Comparing 2004 touch screens to 2011 is a moot point; of course the touch screen on the Vita is better than a handheld from 2004. That's like comparing an iPhone to the touch screen on a debit machine.

2. Can you explain what was so gimmicky about the touch screen? It added new game mechanics to work with. That's what it's supposed to do. Whether developers decide to make 5% or 100% of a game's control be with the touch screen is up to them, so the hardware doesn't deserve 100% of your grievances; hardware and software work together on this.
                There are games like New Super Mario Bros. that use the touch screen for trivial things like using your spare item but make full use of it in mini games or something, and there are games like Brain Age that use nothing but the touch screen because of the game's very nature; that it wouldn't function without it.

3. Reading your post above after reading this has me slightly confused. Harsh words from someone who owns a 3DS, which uses practically the same touch screen.

Sorry but I don't understand what your beef is.
                Last edited by Samail; 12-17-2011, 08:23 PM. Reason: Font fixed. No <3 IE.
                > sigpic >

Comment

Well seeing as he only has 2 posts, and that they both seem to contradict each other, not to mention the fact that he necro-posted. I'd say, he is either a very confused person, someone who didn't actually like the 3DS(even after buying it[which kinda just supports your point even more]), or a spam-bot. If he responds to this topic he's one of the first 2, otherwise hes a bot.

After looking at the post he made in the 3DS topic I'm positive its a bot, since he advertises Wii Accessories for "Tmart."
                  sigpic•

Comment

Originally posted by Leaf_It View Post
                    After looking at the post he made in the 3DS topic I'm positive its a bot, since he advertises Wii Accessories for "Tmart."
                    *checks* Hm, post was edited with those links.
                    Still, that's a bizarre post for a bot to make, on several levels.

Oh and the Vita's been hacked apparently (link rated T). New speed record?
                    Last edited by Samail; 12-21-2011, 09:27 PM. Reason: Hyperlinked rather than embedded.
                    > sigpic >

Comment

Originally posted by Samail View Post
                      Oh and the Vita's been hacked apparently (link rated T). New speed record?
                      Haha, that made me laugh. And is it just me or does that guy have a Kiwi accent?
                      sigpic

Comment

I was hoping they would hack it fast. I buy my games legitimately but I hack the device if I can just to see what they are hiding in it.

@Samail: Could also just be a spammer. a.k.a. human and still spamming. mmm spaaammm...
                        sigpic•

Comment

Originally posted by flankattack View Post
                          And is it just me or does that guy have a Kiwi accent?
                          Blunty be Aussie.
                          > sigpic >

Comment

Originally posted by Samail View Post
                            Blunty be Aussie.
                            O.O
                            He definitely sounds Kiwi to me. But I suppose the accents are pretty similar, as much as I'd like to deny it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Wham, Bam, Zoom, Swish

I give you convenient knowledges, for I am benevolent.
                              > sigpic >

Comment

Working...
                              X