Dwarf Fortress!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oho.

I'm trying to get into DF again, but I recently had a huge setback when one of my forts went several hours without a save, then my computer overheated. For some reason I didn't have seasonal autosave on. I was working on a challenge from this site:

http://dworacle.goondorfs.net/

The order was to build a grand hospital out of bronze in a wilderness tropical jungle. Also, only female dwarves could work, and none of the founding dwarves were allowed to work. I had the environment and everything, and had even started construction on the hospital, but then the overheating happened.

The fort was practically rebuilt from the ground up too, because I couldn't farm/brew fast enough to keep the dwarves from dying of thirst. Just before the last 2-3 dwarves got completely dehydrated, a wave of 22 migrants showed up. Needless to say, I made almost all of them farmers and brewers for a long time.

I'll probably start a new one in a few days.
    sigpic <- Click
    "Were you so sad, then?" I asked, "on the day of the fourty-four sunsets?"
    But the little prince made no reply.

Comment

I didn't play the game for some months, but started running a community fortress for one of the forums I go to. It really helped me get back into it because I wasn't playing it "as a game". I was playing it as a story and wrote it as I went along; was really quite nice. I'm still running the fortress, albeit the fact I have not updated it for a few days now.

Comment

Working...
      X