Debate: Cloning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debate: Cloning

Well, heres our first official debate, but we do have like 10 a day..

This is on cloning. This includes the exact reproduction of humans, animals, tissues, and food products.

How do you feel and where do you stand on this topic?

OMG, I'm watching the new CG episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Cartoon Network.

Clones rule! <--- Nothing else to say.

This was a perfect first debate.

Next.
    sigpic

Comment

Yea, they do, but for some reason, i don't wan't a clone human. i'm alright with animals but 4 some reason, i don't wan't a clone human.
      sigpic
      A weapon in pocket tanks is like a yo-yo, I can never get it to come back.
      I will speak for a day in , I believe there was a thread here that talked about it.

Comment

It would be totally awesome if possible, but there would be problems to deal with. Mainly that unless you were cloned shortly after conception, your clone would be younger than you.

Food. Hmm. As long as it's not genetically modified, I'm fine with it.

Tissues. Neat! They can clone Kleenx! LOL, no, I get what you mean. Useful for those without those needed.

Animals. Mostly cloned for food, but I do know that they did clone pets commercially for a while, but the company ran out of business years ago.

I'm fine with cloning. I think if we clone people, the clones might develop psychological differences from the original, so there thoughts responses and actions would be different, and for the most part fail at cloning what we think is the most important part of a person: their personality.
        <Stormrider> I should bomb something ...and it's off the cuff remarks like that that are the reason I don't log chats. Just in case the FBI ever needs anything on me
        <Elzie_Ann> I'm sure they can just get it from someone who DOES log chats.
        <FBI> We saw it anyway.

Click the dragon to save it!

Comment

No, clones are exactly the same age as you. (i think) look at bottom line of my sig, who gets it first, it's easy
          sigpic
          I will speak for a day in , I believe there was a thread here that talked about it.

Comment

Clones cannot be the same age as the original unless they were cloned right after conception as no matter what you do, you cannot change the speed at which a body (human, animal, insect, etc) ages.
            <Stormrider> I should bomb something ...and it's off the cuff remarks like that that are the reason I don't log chats. Just in case the FBI ever needs anything on me
            <FBI> We saw it anyway.

Comment

No, clones are exactly the same age as you. (i think)
              Depends on what kind of cloning.

If it's some kind of big machine that just makes them appear then they would be the same.

But, if it's just genetics and the clone must be born, then they wouldn't be the same age.

And also, th155,

Yea, they do, but for some reason, i don't wan't a clone human. i'm alright with animals but 4 some reason, i don't wan't a clone human.
              This is not a debate type response. You should really give reasoning for why you feel this way.
              sigpic

Comment

I know but i don't know why, i really don't
                sigpic

Comment

Eh, ignore it if it doesn't make sense.
                  <FBI> We saw it anyway.

Comment

I'm all 4 clones if,

A. They use the original stem cell
                    B. They survive
                    and C. ( This is only 4 animals) the food tastes the same.
                    sigpic

Comment

I know but i don't know why, i really don't
                      Well, then, th155, you just lost the debate. Cloning humans is good. <---- Cool, I mean.

It can get bad. If a clone murders someone then what? How would you be able to tell who will be held responsible for it?

I think that the clones should have those chips implanted in them when they are born or made. Chips that tell the CCA (Central Cloning Agency) where they are and where they've been..among other things.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blissturd View Post
                        Well, then, th155, you just lost the debate. Cloning humans is good. <---- Cool, I mean.

It can get bad. If a clone murders someone then what? How would you be able to tell who will be held responsible for it?

I think that the clones should have those chips implanted in them when they are born or made. Chips that tell the CCA (Central Cloning Agency) where they are and where they've been..among other things.

Right. You're the kind of person who is totally obsessive compulsive when it comes to debates. It's a forum, not a tournament, so no winning or losing. Just fun. So calm down.

If a clone murders it's the clones fault. A clone of a human would be a free thinking individual and would be able to make choices just like any other human being. It would take orders unless it was forced to or consented to obey.
                        <FBI> We saw it anyway.

Comment

Right. You're the kind of person who is totally obsessive compulsive when it comes to debates. It's a forum, not a tournament, so no winning or losing. Just fun. So calm down.
                          You just did the same thing I did, so how about you calm down.

If a clone murders it's the clones fault. A clone of a human would be a free thinking individual and would be able to make choices just like any other human being. It would take orders unless it was forced to or consented to obey.
                          I was talking about, how would anyone know which clone did it? Come on now, I know each clone is it's own individual self.
                          sigpic

Comment

There should be a distinction between a debate and an argument. Let's all just cool it.

Anyway, I'm somewhat peculiar on this topic. Food products and tissues are fine, as long as great care is taken to ensure the original cell has no genetic abnormalities that might multiply over several clonings.

For animals, it seems like somewhat of a bad idea. Releasing clones into a system would severely skew the local gene pool towards a certain genotype, possibly to such an extent that genetic mutation-based diseases normally exclusive to inbreeding might appear in unmodified creatures.

Cloning entire humans, in my opinion, should essentially never be done. Hundreds of moral, ethical, and legal questions would arise without any appreciable benefit.
                            Which isn't to say that the entire field of human genetics should be outlawed. Modifications, if done with incredible caution, might cure all genetic diseases and even make our future descendants into what we would describe as supermen. And even the procedures currently used can give children to formerly infertile couples.

Summary: food and skin are okay, but watch it with the creatures.
                            Vote: The instrument and symbol of a freeman's power to make a fool of himself and a wreck of his country.
                            - Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Comment

Us humans are always doing border line insane things. Things that the public doesn't know about even. For all we know, cloning is happening already.

Whatever problems we may cause, I'm sure we will find a way to make it better.

So...LET THE CLONING COMMENCE!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X