No announcement yet.

How To Keep Your Account (And Many Others) Safe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Bert everything listed is just common sense.
    Math Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
    Reading Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
    Computer Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Comment

Yeah, anyway, how many 10 year olds really post on this forum?
      sigpic
      "The trolls win if you reply! Jeez." - Inugo

Comment

Yeah. Most are common sense, but there are a few there that are useful.

And besides, common sense isn't always that common.
        I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
        > sigpic >
        ~Get your disputes solved by a real rules lawyer. Ask the red mage.

LOLWUT, YOUR OUT OF SYNC. GG ~Rex Nex

Comment

There are quite a few useful ones. However I don't have to worry about getting my account hacked. I'm never offline. I'm always online.
          Tricky Revolutionary War

Comment

the only times I'm offline are when I'm asleep, out to the store, when I have bad weather inbound, or are otherwise unable to be in front of the computer.
            /\"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" -Optimus prime, Transformers 2007 /\"Would it have been too much to ask for the order to have come through before I gave him back the bloody lightsaber?" -Commander Cody /\"For a brick, he flew pretty good!" SMaj. Avery J Johnson, Halo 2 /\"Stand fast, stand strong, stand together. Hackett out." sigpic

Comment

Heh...

Bert, you and everlast are like anti-Rex Nex, so I have nothing to worry about.

How many 10 year olds? A lot, do you know how many guests are on this forum each year?

Comment

Who said guests were all 10 year olds? I am pretty sure about 90% of the guests are spambots, or members not logged in.
                sigpic

Comment

I didnt, Im just saying that there is probably a lot of 10 year old viewing this site each year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Nex View Post
                    I didnt, Im just saying that there is probably a lot of 10 year old viewing this site each year.
                    Yes you did. You said there were a lot of guests viewing the forum each year, and you implied that the majority of the guests were 10 year olds. What makes you say there are lots of 10 year olds viewing this forum each year anyways? Besides, if they are guests, why would they need to worry about protecting their account if they don't have one?
                    Last edited by Bert; 11-17-2007, 06:26 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

I just said there were a lot of guests, not that they were 10... I meant, by that huge number of guests each year, theres bound to be intrested children.

But enough of this lollygagging *giggle*, no point in arguing...

Comment

I'm on Rex's side. ANYWAY. My password is 123.
                        Tricky Revolutionary War

Comment

Really. It's nothing to start arguing over. Jeeze.

Speaking of passwords, am I the only person who can remember stupid things like this?

?TJLBDFWBFGVJVVB

~Master code for DOOM 64

~Master code for Megaman VII

NARPAS SWORD0

XXXXXX XXXXXX
                          KKKKKK KKKKKK

JUSTIN BAILEY
                          ------ ------

~Various Metroid passwords

...Yeah. But I can't remember basic things at times.
                          Handy to know, though. Then I don't have to go look them up.
                          > sigpic >

Comment

What are master codes?
                            Tricky Revolutionary War

Comment

I was just expressing my opinion of why this topic has not yet been stickied. If you really think this information should be stickied, you could ask the creator of the FAQs sticky to add your stuff in there.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blue_moon View Post
                                What are master codes?
                                The code that usually gives you everything in the game, and maxed out, as well as having access to the final areas.
                                (Example: In Megaman VII, that code gives you:
                                All bosses defeated, all abilities, including the Rush armor [can't remember the actual name], Proto Shield, ALL items maxed [4 E tanks, 4 W tanks, 1 S tank, 4 Beat whistles, the Equalizer, the Rocket Punch expansion, 9 lives, and 999 bolts. The only stage left is the last stage.)

Oh, here's two more that came to my mind:

Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start

"The code that was brought into the table of Contra will live forever. Not only because everyone knows the code, but also because it gives you 30 dang lives." -Screw Attack.com

L R L R L L R R A

Unlocks the Special Cup for time trial and multi player in Super Mario Kart.

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                                I was just expressing my opinion of why this topic has not yet been stickied. If you really think this information should be stickied, you could ask the creator of the FAQs sticky to add your stuff in there.
                                Fair enough.
                                Yeah, ChallengeSpaceYard created the Mini-BlitWise FAQ, and Brian stickied it. That's most likely because it's very useful, and has more to do with specifically BlitWise.
                                Last edited by Samail; 11-18-2007, 07:50 PM. Reason: Up, up, down, down. Not up, down, up, down. Also got the actual quote after listening again.
                                > sigpic >

Comment

Working...
                                X