No announcement yet.

How To Keep Your Account (And Many Others) Safe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My avatar is the cube communicator from my favorite old time game Metal Fatigue.

http://www.strategyplanet.com/metalfatigue/
    Math Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
    Reading Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
    Computer Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Comment

Added more.

Comment

Bump

Now taking user FAQ Q and As

Comment

I have a few things you might want to add...

Q: Would it be smart to use a password so predictable its hard to guess?
          A: No, that's like hiding in the middle of an empty room because no one intentionally looks there.

Q: What are some things I need to be aware of before logging onto forums and such?
          A: Don't come on here if your computer seems slower, seems to be running awkward or is getting pop-ups and virus alerts. These could be key-loggers, sending out what you type in, and possibly screens hots as well, to some thirty year old nerd who lives in his mom's basement. He'll steal your account and change the password. He just ate the key, only to take laxatives to get it back later.

Q: Yesterday, someone on IM said that they were a moderator on a forum I visited and said I was in trouble. They wanted my user name and password. Should I trust them?
          A: No. These are phishers Moderators or admins never ask for passwords, as they have access to them. Besides, why would they hunt you down on IM when they could PM you?

Are those any good?
          Tricky Revolutionary War

Comment

Ya, I like both of them, the joking/ironic/metaphoric stuff thats in yours fits nicely into this FAQ's style.

Using color-coated User Input questions, color depends on what color I think of when I look at your name and emotions.

Comment

Hmm... I see you associated my name with the color blue... Interesting. I'll have to look into the psychological connections of that.
              Anyway, thanks.
              Tricky Revolutionary War

Comment

Lol...

Comment

Well, either this is human, or you may want to change that part in your Account Safety list. (About spam bots only using General Talk.)

http://forums.blitwise.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2246
                  I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
                  > sigpic >
                  ~Get your disputes solved by a real rules lawyer. Ask the red mage.

LOLWUT, YOUR OUT OF SYNC. GG ~Rex Nex

Comment

That guy is probably hired for that. XRumor costs money, I think.

Comment

I'm pretty sure its 49.95. Its either XRumor thats costs that much, or FPS creator.
                      Tricky Revolutionary War

Comment

Hmm.. suprised this isnt stickied. Oh well.

Comment

Maybe because this is all basically common sense?
                          sigpic
                          "The trolls win if you reply! Jeez." - Inugo

Comment

Uh huh... and just 'cause it is to you, do you think it is to the 10 year olds?

Comment

Yes.
                              sigpic
                              "The trolls win if you reply! Jeez." - Inugo

Comment

Ok, I have a 10 year old sister. I will ask her, if she had a password, and she played both Barbie Online and Bratz Online, would she use the same password on both.

Comment

Working...
                                X