How To Keep Your Account (And Many Others) Safe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Keep Your Account (And Many Others) Safe

. . .Hello! I know most of you are not worried about forum accounts, but you will be when it gets stolen! But there are ways to prevent it. And you NEED to know them. Get them memorized, written down, do whatever you need to do to keep you account safe from malicious people.

TIPS

1. DONT BE A ORIGINALIST: Do not think twice about changing you pass now and again. Do this as often as needed. It will help tremendously, and you need all the help you can get! You'll soon be toasting drinks with your fellow Blitwisians and keep account stealer's behind bars!

2. KEEP IT CONFIDENTIAL: Do not tell others your password, no matter how good you know them. Friends are just friends until they get what they want, and sometimes it is something you don't want to happen. If they are real friends, they would understand right then and there.

3. THE RANDOMIZATION FACTOR COUNTS: Make your passwords hard to guess, but also keep them incredibly easy for you to remember. Passwords like 123321, 123456, abcdef, and 000000 are the same thing as a backstabbing demon. Mix in numbers with letters, put in a dollar sign or two, and give them a password so hard to crack they commit suicide.

4. THE ADMINISTRATOR ADVANTAGE: Admins. mainly Brian, are another key to account survival. They will help you, answer questions, and guide your path to total safety.

5. THE GOSSIP GLITCH: Gossip seems like a glitch in life, and therefor it also resides in cyberspace. Don't expect someone to keep a secret for long, you will soon find it everywhere. Its a pain in the butt to have to try to convince everyone its not true, so its better to just avoid it all together. All in all, you don't want anyone to know anything that might point out your safety information.

6. A PREDICTABLE DART: Don't be one of these, it will soon spell out your fate. Have two accounts? Lazy as a doormat? Don't feel like having two different passwords? THEN YOU DONT DESERVE TO HAVE A ACCOUNT! I know for a fact that if account stealer's find your password somewhere, they WILL Google your account name and try to use it wherever and however they want.

7. KILLER MAIL: This one is more obvious then that bug on you hand. Oh wait, it just flew away. Got a new email address? Then register it in! You will reap the awards fast and life will be easier for you.

8. BE MORE THEN JUST ANTI-SOCIAL: Be anti virus. Scan your computer every week to look for any negative things leeching onto your computer. Don't got anti-virus? Then use Avast. Its free.

9. DONT FEED THE BLITWISIAN: Be nice to everyone on the forum. Making enemies is never a good thing, and believe me, when a angry blitwisian attacks, your done for. Try to make friends also. Having good friends also is a plus when trying to protect you account from account stealer's, weirdos, or enemies.

10. DEFEATING THE DESKTOP: Don't store your password in your email or desktop. If they can reach your email or desktop, they can reach your password. I know some people love to do this, but try and keep it to a minimum from now on, OK?

11. STUDDERING SAP: Do not use your account name as your password also. That's just plain dumb.

FAQ

Q. Who in the world would go through all that just to get a account here?

A. If your asking this you obviously don't look to the future much? I have seen small games grow huge VERY quickly. Now think about it. What could be Blitwise's biggest step yet? One simple word: Multi-player.

Q. OK maybe that is true, but to tell you the truth the chance someone wants my account is slim to none!

A. You wont be saying that when you have no account.

Q. Why would I do this? I don't care THIS much about the board.

A. Who said you couldn't use this for other things, such as online gaming and chat areas?

Q. OK I give up. Who are the administrators and/or Moderators?

A. The forum leaders page is accessible via forum homepage.

Q. I want to make some friends on Blitwise. Who should I make friends with?
    A. As I stated earlier, having friends are always a plus. Try to look around the forums, then find someone with similar interests as you. Get to know them and have fun!

Q. Won't Brian give me back my account anyway?
    A. Yes and no. Brian cant just believe anyone, and if you do not take care of your account, why should he even think about taking care of you? And, without your registered Email Address set into your account, your done with.

User FAQ Input

Blue Moon:
    Q: Would it be smart to use a password so predictable its hard to guess?
    A: No, that's like hiding in the middle of an empty room because no one intentionally looks there.

Q: What are some things I need to be aware of before logging onto forums and such?
    A: Don't come on here if your computer seems slower, seems to be running awkward or is getting pop-ups and virus alerts. These could be key-loggers, sending out what you type in, and possibly screens hots as well, to some thirty year old nerd who lives in his mom's basement. He'll steal your account and change the password. He just ate the key, only to take laxatives to get it back later.

Q: Yesterday, someone on IM said that they were a moderator on a forum I visited and said I was in trouble. They wanted my user name and password. Should I trust them?A: No. These are phishers Moderators or admins never ask for passwords, as they have access to them. Besides, why would they hunt you down on IM when they could PM you?

. . .I hope you all read this and enjoy your safety. Internet safety, both physical and not, are a increasing need these days. With Internet prowlers, stalkers, and other "bad" things, you need to be as safe as you can be. Anyone who doubts safety is not worth mentioning anytime in your life.
    Last edited by Rex Nex; 11-01-2007, 11:06 PM.

This information all looks good. Perhaps Brian might allow it to be stickied because it is important. Maybe in SITE INFORMATION...

Good job
    Jarrett Frostburge ze 3rde

Originally posted by The Slade
    My mechanical foot says "thanks."

Comment

Pearls of wisdom indeed. For passwords, try this:
      http://www.pctools.com/guides/password/

Computer-generated passwords are near-impossible for any human being to crack, because they simply don't mean anything to anyone. Passwords that are... words, can be connected to how a person thinks. I have a lot of passwords, and the most important ones I randomly generate.
      I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
      > sigpic >
      ~Get your disputes solved by a real rules lawyer. Ask the red mage.

LOLWUT, YOUR OUT OF SYNC. GG ~Rex Nex

Comment

May I add your pearl to my collection of pearly white pearls?

Comment

Geez... The stuff you get from that generator:
          thoubiey
          froegleb
          joud
          Rex, your guide seemed to use one of the common weapons I have in my arsenal about driving a point into someone's skull. Don't use fact. Use fear:
          Q. OK maybe that is true, but to tell you the truth the chance someone wants my account is slim to none!

A. You wont be saying that when you have no account.
          I'm using that in this little end-of-summer project I'm working on... "The Idiot's Guide to Life."
          Tricky Revolutionary War

Comment

Thanks?

Comment

Originally posted by blue_moon View Post
              I'm using that in this little end-of-summer project I'm working on... "The Idiot's Guide to Life."
              Someone needs to make a "Computer Safety for Dummies".
              Math Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
              Reading Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
              Computer Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Comment

Mememe!

Comment

Isn't all of this information obvious to most people?
                  sigpic <- Click
                  "Were you so sad, then?" I asked, "on the day of the fourty-four sunsets?"
                  But the little prince made no reply.

Comment

Well, me and you are smart. Lets just say some people are a little... slow.

Comment

Slow!? Some people never move!
                      Math Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
                      Reading Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
                      Computer Skills Level:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Comment

I have yet to figure out what your avy is...

Comment

That was sure a quick topic switch. Though I don't think anyone knows what it is.
                          Hmm... Kind of reminds me of an X-Box.
                          > sigpic >

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Nex View Post
                            Passwords like 123321, 123456, abcdef, and 000000 are the same thing as a backstabbing demon.
                            Words to live by! Nice wordage, really drives the message into noob's and grandmother's heads!
                            Oh, and about your avatar Everlast. Do you even know what it is?!? It frusterates me because it looks like something but it doesn't look like anything.
                            ~Don't get too cocky...I mean this is THE DJ diskant, and he drinks bears. -Brian
                            ~People who spit at other people should be picked up off the ground by their tongue with a pair of pliers. -Samail
                            ~ZOMg OHTeH NoeZ/ MEZs SpaTUlerZ is 0N teH! FRITz! -Nex

Comment

His original avi was a blue blob with eyes and a mouth, and it moved around.
                              > sigpic >

Comment

Working...
                              X